• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Racing the Deuce 2010

A special WI get together is about to happen, in the north woods of Wisconsin. A few of the SS family will be attending and enjoying the "summer party" held by Tom (majortom), in Aniwa WI., Alfa Heaven headquarters.
Here is the tread from last year: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/37907-racing-deuce.html
We will update the board with the events from this year soon.
Poof, Kenny and myself are heading out early in the morning to enjoy this really cool event.
Check out the Alfa heaven web site for schedule of events.

undysworld

Just back from the party. It looks like it'll be a success. Lots of forum members were there, and it was nice to see so many familiar faces and meet up with some I only knew by name. I won't try and name everyone, because I'd only forget some and insult someone!

I don't think thanks enough can be put Tom & Dale's way (Alfa Heaven). They've got a really impressive place. I had to leave midway between the race truck warm-up laps and the "actual" races. Tom was spending his afternoon tirelessly, and selflessly, coaxing his 1950's era deuces to life and making sure everyone was safe. The drivers got a pretty good shaking about. Some persistent cusses even persuaded me to make a few laps (here I'm tempted to name names!). So far, so good. But tomorrow might hurt...

Lots of folks were taking pictures, so I assume they'll show up here soon. Thanks again Alfa Heaven!!

Paul Underwood

YeeHah, once again Tom put on a first rate event. In 24 hours we had more fun, smiles, laughs, food and beer than you could ever expect. It was a great group and we had awesome weather.

Attachments

dozenjeeps

deuce races

nice pics by Dr Greg, had a great time like last year with Tom's hospitatlity first rate again.... fantastic two races against Poof, I know we had to have the most hits against each other!!!! The one pic of Poof and I sitting against the deuce drinking Dr Gregs beer is a classic..... sure had a good time, hurt like **** today, but at 63 years young and banging deuces is getting harder to do each year..... wanted to kick Dr Gregs ass but Poof was a better match in the Deuce races anyway and I got even by drinking Gregs beer, remind me a Iola and I will at least replace the aluminum for you... again thanks for the great time, the rest of you out there sure missed a great day and some great people to pass some time with....even enjoyed the father and son team from Michigan and the rides in the M38A1'S, being that I am a jeep man at heart it added to the day....

poof

Dirty Hippie
Wow WHAT A RUSH.... that was the most fun i have had in a long time.. great event .
Thanks Tom..

Skinnedknuckels and co. were there also.. they did a double overnight..
Paul ( undysworld )you looked like you were going to town in the deuce race.. giving it hard..
Yes today is a sore day.. for me.. along with 2 races that take every bit of energy mustered to run.. I had to go to a place I was introduced to a few years ago and hop in the water and do some body surfing.. the water was moving WAY FAST.I took a beating there but what a rush again. here is a picture of the Dells there. We were going to swing by there the next day but got side tracked at a brunch that was great and Roast beef that was out of this world ( Thank you for that drgreg). was nice to meet all these people and see all the stuff to see The Howitzer that Tom has was a blast.. shooting at a truck with Frozen Onions..
nap time now..and a jug of deep heat rub.. I am Beat.. yet Undefeted..

Attachments

kennys@wi.rr.com

Pictures of the Deuces we used for racing before and during. Check out those awesome tires. Lessons to be learned here? Breaks only slow you down so you don't need them.

Attachments

Here are some pics. of our transport, for a late nite excursion to the, um, club for gentelmen. It's called Northern Exposure. We kinda freaked out the staff when 9 dirtballs jumped out of this official vehicle.
The Suburban is complete with a nuke in the back. The part blocked by the strap warns about Anal Leakage.

Attachments

undysworld

Looks like it was a good time.
Nope, it was a great time!

Poof,
Sorry I couldn't stay and actually race you guys. Hopefully next year!! Believe it or not, I actually woke up feeling better than usual today. (Go figure!) So I guess I've got no excuses the next time around! Now if I can just figure out how to keep the tranny from overheating and losing the gear...

Breaks only slow you down so you don't need them.
We don't need no stinkin' brakes!!! Just drive 'em like you stole 'em. [thumbzup]

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We should set up races at Dirtbag! We could RACE to the mine enterance! LOL

skinnedknuckles

Again a BIG THANKS to Tom and Dale for opening up their place to all of us !! We had a great time . The deuce races were fun with a little bumpin' and grindin'. It was Super that Rick and Jeremiah brought in their rigs, it sure brought back memories of Jeepin' with my 1955 CJ-5 ( something that I miss greatly ) . Lots of good food and people to talk to , meet a few new friends , rekindle friendships with old friends and just plain talk about army trucks to everyone . Next we have Iola and then Spooner and I have gotta get back on my m37 B1 and get it done.
Paul in Janesville,Wi

kennys@wi.rr.com

I didn't realize just how long it took to upload video to youtube. Sorry for the delay but I will post them as I get them on.

First video is a good hit.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SRhtnx0VKM[/media]

Second video is a miss, but a good view of the onion sailing past the target.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2b7qMe_VPk[/media]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks