• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiator and alternator

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Desert rat found a leece neville dealer in houston. Called tracy supply. They have the parts on the shelf and they quoted $275.

M1.30-'06

Not sure if these are internally regulated or not , but if it is , i would have that checked first. Desert Rat had his rebuilt for 70 bucks if i remember correctly.

His radiator leaked coolant all over the alternator and shorted the voltage regulator from what we could tell , may be that the same thing happened to you.

Good luck.

MATT

The shop that has been rebuilding our alts around here for 15+ years says that the regulators are on national backorder and parts are becoming harder to get. the problem is that the alt is so long he says. I dropped off 3 bad alts and got 3 bad alts back after 2 weeks, it sucks. He recommended converting to a shorter 24 volt alt that is less expensive to rebuild and more available. I will probably try and do a write up. Oh yeah, I ordered 4 new alts from mil strip a month ago, still have not seen them. I think thre war is consuming all the parts we need!!

CGarbee

CGarbee said:
I just hauled my M35A2C's radiator over to a buddy's shop for some TLC... Managed to put a hole in the joint where the top inlet mates to the tank and had the spot welds that hold the brackets to the radiator assembly on the passenger side snap as well (I think that the bracket welds went south, then the inlet joint went...) so we'll see what the damage ($$) is in a couple of days... I'll let you all know...
So, I finally got around to picking up the radiator this morning... It's been waiting at the shop for a while, but I went to the beach, then to the mountains and it has not been a real high priority... Anyway, it cost me $90 (including tax) to get the neck put back on, the brackets redone, tanked, pressure tested, and painted... Once I get it back on the truck (plan to redo the belts and hoses while I'm at it, I'd trust it anywhere...

CGarbee

Ha! Sounds similar to mine. Check the upper radiator mount (the little clevis). The one that bolts to the front of the block. I bet it was loose, mine was. These things seem to vibrate so much the only way to keep the radiator together was to actually mount it directly to the engine and its mounts so it all shakes as one unit. Wild.[/quote]

Yeah, mine was loose back in the midwinter and I tightened it up. My upper radiator neck was dripping just a tad at the time but not enough for me to be that concerned... Since then, I've put a lot of miles on the truck and it finally caught up to me...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks