• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio Rack Mount?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok guys, I should have saved the picture last night, because I can't find it now. I was on a site, and there was a CUCV (or similar). It had a tall shelf mounted over the transfer case lever that looked like it was a Radio Rack mount shelf. just wondering if anyone has seen it or have a picture of one? It seems like it'd be a cool project.

m38inmaine

The M1010 cucv ambulance came with a radio mount over the transfer shifter. It is made for the M1010 only, not as a kit to install in other models.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M1010 cucv ambulance came with a radio mount over the transfer shifter. It is made for the M1010 only, not as a kit to install in other models.
Interesting. I don't recall it being in a CUCV Ambulance. I recall it being a bench seat, but....
Do you have some pics or diagrams?

Edit: Thanks Natem

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just for reference, TM 9-2320-289-20P. Page 203-1 fig 203. It a poor rendering. It takes a lot of passenger leg room.
So, I just looked it up... that's not what I saw... this one almost looked like a table on 4 legs. really wish I had saved the photo.

eme411

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saved a few photos of trucks on GL with unit made mounts and I'm now working on my own , I'll do my best to post photos when done,