• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio Tray Quick Disconnects

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[FONT=&quot]When I received my 2 man HMMWV there was a complete 2 level radio shelf hidden under the crumpled troop carrier cover in the back. The radio shelf feet were still installed between the front seats on top of the tunnel.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My goal was to mount this shelf unit so that I could somewhat easily remove the shelves when I needed to remove the doghouse or put something else in the space the shelf occupies between the front seats. At the same time I wanted it to be hard to steal the HMMWV radio tray, as I plan on putting a bluetooth speaker and military radio (PRC 25/77) on this mount.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The problems are that the standard bolt-in installation isn’t difficult, but it does require the use of tools and provides no security for the radio shelf. So, I snagged a few off-the-shelf parts to secure my Humvee radio shelf while making it easy to install or remove without tools, using just a key to unlock one leg.

Here is what you will need[/FONT]

I also posted this on gear report, http://gear-report.com/humvee-upgrade-hmmwv-radio-shelves-quick-disconnects
HMMWV_Radio_shelves_QD-3.jpg

alphaseventwo

Not a bad setup at all. The only thing I'd suggest (and this is only because the Co. I work for just tested 15 or so different padlocks) is not using that master-lock. It took us an avg of 17 seconds or so to pick them open using a tiny screwdriver. We had to test around 15 locks for a study, and those were the easiest by far to open. American Lock rated highest I believe, they use different internal pin setup. This is probably moot though when you consider a good set of bolt cutters really cancels the whole point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks