• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ran when parked or I'm going to restore them one day

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess if that is what Detroit wants as its claim to fame, the reality of a movie, but who'd want to go there to see the statue? Most folks I know hate the idea of even driving through it on the freeway, the traffic on Rt 23 is getting alot worse because of it. As for the LEO's in and around Pontiac doing something, until the courts have the guts to make it happen, and they pick up the idea to incarcerate like the sheriff in Arizona, they'll be able to do little. We're being bombarded with the idea they are "social victims". (yep we were so bad to that person we made him shoot up or shove that crap up their nose) Don't believe it for a New York minute.

That is the problem everywhere, I store my projects and my construction equipment across three yards in two counties. The oldest one was a fenced in area 2 acres by 1.5 acres with a large pole building.

I am forced to give it up because the drug addict punks in the area are stealing the equipment blind and the police solution to my complaints was to put (( abandoned stickers )) on all the equipment and give me 30 days to remove all the equipment !!!!! They even put a sticker on a grader and a little brush tractor.

We caught one of the kids red handed with the radiator and brass hose fitting and one of our tool sets in hand. The cops ordered us to let him go because we did not see him take it. It was in his HANDS !!!! The cops then threatened to arrest us for false imprisonment.
He had a bag with cutters and a hack saw on his back ! Who do they think took it, he even had drug paraphernalia on him and was not arrested !

Now I am pulling everything back to the rear of my house and giving up my storage yard I had for 11 years. I listed 14 pieces of equipment for sale I do not have room for and feel like there is nothing I can do.

This country protects the worthless druggies these days. :evil:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have solution for this but am not allowed to bring it up, TO one of our great thinkers of our times WM :beer:

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The lot of LEO's and DA need to be fired. How does not doing anything about a known problem solve anything?
Perfect advice for guys just trying to make it through their career without becoming scapegoats for their limp-wrist administrators.

Let's fire all folks who actually do the work & are caught in the middle, and leave in place the gutless administrators who s**t all over working folks.

Perfect.

Ask me how I know.

Then we can let armed community watch volunteers take care of law & order for us...don't need to waste taxpayers' dollars on what volunteers would be happy to do for no cost.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the problem everywhere, I store my projects and my construction equipment across three yards in two counties. The oldest one was a fenced in area 2 acres by 1.5 acres with a large pole building.

I am forced to give it up because the drug addict punks in the area are stealing the equipment blind and the police solution to my complaints was to put (( abandoned stickers )) on all the equipment and give me 30 days to remove all the equipment !!!!! They even put a sticker on a grader and a little brush tractor.

We caught one of the kids red handed with the radiator and brass hose fitting and one of our tool sets in hand. The cops ordered us to let him go because we did not see him take it. It was in his HANDS !!!! The cops then threatened to arrest us for false imprisonment.
He had a bag with cutters and a hack saw on his back ! Who do they think took it, he even had drug paraphernalia on him and was not arrested !

Now I am pulling everything back to the rear of my house and giving up my storage yard I had for 11 years. I listed 14 pieces of equipment for sale I do not have room for and feel like there is nothing I can do.

This country protects the worthless druggies these days. :evil:
Sounds like you and your neighbors need to get involved in who you elect to local and state govt. If the majority of people support the way it is now, you can either live with it or move to an area that believes differently.

I came home and found my house being robbed. I had a CHL but didn't have my gun on me due to laws at that time didn't allow me to leave it in my truck when going to work. Police were actually disappointed that I didn't have it and use it to defend myself and property. Very different culture in TX vs. your area.

redthegreendog

Had a deuce radiator stolen on my parts truck in line site of my house last year. called all the local junk yards to be on the look out. I have a good relationship with the guy that run the yards up here. Never got it back, but I know who took it but cant prove it.:evil:

That's one of the major problems, if you run a salvage yard and see a skinny dirty no teeth crack head come in with 80 pounds of brass radiator. You as a responsible business owner should call the cops and let this druggy explain where they got it from. But NOOOOO, They just care about the money and keeping their supply coming. We had seven radiators, nine cat converters and eleven batteries stolen withing four weeks. We need to go back to the good old days and cut off the hands of these druggy thieves. :evil:

jeeplvr247

I think the people from michigan understand the situation a little more clearly. Pontiac has practically no hope in some areas. The best thing he could do to protect his stuff is pick up and move to a different city.

zak

John I had you in mind when I went to the yard. I had known that the 43 was there but it just took a long time to make the connections to get in the yard. When I finally got in and was able to look in the rear it was stripped. But I don't know if was like that all along. I'm still trying to firm up a connection with the owner to see what he'll part with if anything at all.

dmetalmiki

Reading all that is quite deppressing..Odd how it makes me (somewhat) GLAD to be.........(very)..old!...Miles from anywhere..and moving Even MORE miles from....Anywhere!.

Heath_h49008

American Surplus Salvage in Kalamazoo is the same... The US Marshals own the trucks now, and nobody is guarding anything. All the batteries, cables, and copper is being stripped by the crackheads.

By the time they get to auction they won't be worth anything but scrap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks