• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rapco 24087 vs Aervoe 24084 PHOTOS

Magilla

Just my personal experience with a 1969 Commando. See for yourself. I like the Aervoe 24084 (darker green) the best.

FYI, this is after about 4 months, and color has not changed. I sprayed the rest of the Jeepster in 24084 the other day, and the Aervoe matched perfectly.

PS - I have a half case (6 cans) of Rapco 24087 if anyone wants them. I'll ship them to you for $20 total, including shipping. Cans unopened, unused, and I'll guarantee them. They have 2 spray nozzles each.

FYI, I found the Rapco to spray a little better, especially with the different nozzles. Sometimes the Aervoe clogs or sputters, but you cannot tell after it dries.

Spencer

69 Kaiser Jeepster Commando, 3.8L Buick 231, T14 3-spd, D20 twin-stick TC, D30 front diff (lockrite+discs), D44 rear diff (full spool + discs), Power disc brakes, 32x9.5 Interco Super Swamper Radials, and Saginaw PS (to be installed).

Attachments

Last edited:

wilfreeman

I'll take them - do you have a paypal acct? Wish you were about 2 weeks earlier though - just bought 2 cans.

Nice Jeep too!

Last edited:

Magilla

Thanks for the compliment! I know Jeepster Commandos were only used by the US Forestry Service, but couldn't pass up painting a 1969 "Commando" in period-correct OD Green.

My paypal is swrobinson@prodigy.net.

I am in Austin, TX until Friday. Earliest I can get them out is Saturday morning.

Spencer

Magilla

William, sent you an email. I shipped paint out today. You must live WAY out there, because UPS wanted $22.15 for shipping. I should have asked for $10 plus shipping, but oh, well.

Should be there Friday.

Spencer

wilfreeman

Oh well, I guess it's still a good deal. It would have cost $39 + shipping from Rapco - I bet USPS would have shipped it Flat rate for half that - and delivered in 3 days. I'll send you another $10.

Thanks Spencer

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks