• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rapco 24087 vs Aervoe 24084 PHOTOS

Magilla

Just my personal experience with a 1969 Commando. See for yourself. I like the Aervoe 24084 (darker green) the best.

FYI, this is after about 4 months, and color has not changed. I sprayed the rest of the Jeepster in 24084 the other day, and the Aervoe matched perfectly.

PS - I have a half case (6 cans) of Rapco 24087 if anyone wants them. I'll ship them to you for $20 total, including shipping. Cans unopened, unused, and I'll guarantee them. They have 2 spray nozzles each.

FYI, I found the Rapco to spray a little better, especially with the different nozzles. Sometimes the Aervoe clogs or sputters, but you cannot tell after it dries.

Spencer

69 Kaiser Jeepster Commando, 3.8L Buick 231, T14 3-spd, D20 twin-stick TC, D30 front diff (lockrite+discs), D44 rear diff (full spool + discs), Power disc brakes, 32x9.5 Interco Super Swamper Radials, and Saginaw PS (to be installed).

Attachments

Last edited:

wilfreeman

I'll take them - do you have a paypal acct? Wish you were about 2 weeks earlier though - just bought 2 cans.

Nice Jeep too!

Last edited:

Magilla

Thanks for the compliment! I know Jeepster Commandos were only used by the US Forestry Service, but couldn't pass up painting a 1969 "Commando" in period-correct OD Green.

My paypal is swrobinson@prodigy.net.

I am in Austin, TX until Friday. Earliest I can get them out is Saturday morning.

Spencer

Magilla

William, sent you an email. I shipped paint out today. You must live WAY out there, because UPS wanted $22.15 for shipping. I should have asked for $10 plus shipping, but oh, well.

Should be there Friday.

Spencer

wilfreeman

Oh well, I guess it's still a good deal. It would have cost $39 + shipping from Rapco - I bet USPS would have shipped it Flat rate for half that - and delivered in 3 days. I'll send you another $10.

Thanks Spencer