• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rapco paint reducing?

bigelk50

We are about to purchase Rapco paint and are wondering what is the best reducer to use? We are not in a big enough hurry to use any hardner, I do not think.

Any thoughts tips or tricks are appriciated. I have been using the search button for a while, but there is too much info on there and not enough about Rapco.

littlebob

I'm using Rapco. I believe it gives the reduction on thier website if not you can call them. If
I remember correctly it was thin up to 10% with xylene or mineral spirits. I used the xylene.
I did not use the hardner and the paint stays kind of soft for about a month or son till it cures all of the way.

B3.3T

Been using it exclusively for 16 years. Do Not use a hardener. You don't need it. Xylene works fine, mineral spirits works better with a smoother finish as a result. Hardener with add unwanted luster. Reduction depends upon your equipment, but as stated, only 10% is about right.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow, I thought it was 4 to 1 with Xylene... And I called Gillespie directly... Now I'm confused :?: I'm using a siphon feed gun @ 70 psi

B3.3T

If 4:1 works for you, no problem. These days, it depends much on your equipment: you gun type, setting, nozzles, etc.

Blood_of_Tyrants

I used paint thinner. The clear kind, not the white kind. I thinned about 1:1 or a little more. I shot with a Binks Mach1 at 45psi and about 1 psi on the 2 quart pressure pot. I think I could shoot with less pressure, though and reduce the overspray. What I like about air spraying paint is that it is FAST and you can paint a whole truck (inside and out) in less than 30 minutes. Of course, sanding and priming and taping take about 2 more days.

As they say, painting is 90% preparation and 10% application.

bigelk50

We are going to use Xylene with our paint. once we have nice weather I will post pics of how it turns out. Thanks for the help guys!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks