• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rare Deuces ?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Main difference between the 108 and 60 is that the M60 has a lip around the wrecker bed. Much like a contractor's truck. It looks like the side of a deuce bed chopped about halfway. (Look at the last picture in my above post.) The 108 is more like a flatbed. I also believe that the M108 lacks the rear winch found on the M60. PS I'll add it to the poll as soon as I'm done typing this...
Yup, the 108 bed is like a flat bed, and the M60 is JUST LIKE an M62 5ton, except smaller.

Very nice looking truck you have there and with the 6bt(?) I would think it moves quite well.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know how many dragline bucket loader m35's were built I have one built in memphis depot. It's a gasser from early fifties.
Well, I know of at least 3 others. One Maccus found, one is at Seco, one is at Jack's.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For me I guess it's the "Rare" factor that gets me on the M60. Truth of the matter is that the flat surrounding deck of the M108 is best for what I do. I can walk around it in a half drunken stupor and not worry about tripping over a winch and looking overly intoxicated.

joeM62

Yeah but you got to admit you want one like the rest of us here. I still want to know what size cummins is in it, the guy did a very nice job of redoing the truck besides the updated engine which is icing on the cake.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah but you got to admit you want one like the rest of us here. I still want to know what size cummins is in it, the guy did a very nice job of redoing the truck besides the updated engine which is icing on the cake.
5.9 joe.

Jim Hunter

I was at the yard but it was closed :(
I take some pics of the outside of two M108s and one bomb truck but I was not be able to take photos of the M60 as it is inside...

Jim

Attachments

joeM62

Those are some clean looking M108's for their age, look better than that 1955 5ton I used to own, wonder how the M60 and the M48 look?