• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rattle can camo, a rundown of my experiance.

I tried 3 brands available locally.

Magjic: No good, splotchy and applies poorly.

Krylon: Fair, applies unevenly and the green is to bright.

Rustoluem: Good. Colors are close and the newer cans that claim better coverage apply even and steady.

Rustoleum is harder to find around here for whatever reason, so I wound up using more of the Krylon. The green is more of a "frog" green however, the Rustoleum is a closer match and more of a flat finish.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have ended up using the spray can and paints from Alan Haage in Supply Line, the spray can spray very evenly and the colors I use mainly three color NATO woodland seem to be very good as to what I am trying to achieve and his prices seem very fair!
KK

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rustoleum is a much better paint especially when using a primer. Rustoleum Rusty metal primer is great.

Thank you for the timely post and the replies, I will soon be spot painting mine after sanding surface rust on the hood. I had been looking at other threads for advice, one more can't hurt but there are quite a few others.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks