• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rattle can camo, a rundown of my experiance.

I tried 3 brands available locally.

Magjic: No good, splotchy and applies poorly.

Krylon: Fair, applies unevenly and the green is to bright.

Rustoluem: Good. Colors are close and the newer cans that claim better coverage apply even and steady.

Rustoleum is harder to find around here for whatever reason, so I wound up using more of the Krylon. The green is more of a "frog" green however, the Rustoleum is a closer match and more of a flat finish.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have ended up using the spray can and paints from Alan Haage in Supply Line, the spray can spray very evenly and the colors I use mainly three color NATO woodland seem to be very good as to what I am trying to achieve and his prices seem very fair!
KK

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rustoleum is a much better paint especially when using a primer. Rustoleum Rusty metal primer is great.

Thank you for the timely post and the replies, I will soon be spot painting mine after sanding surface rust on the hood. I had been looking at other threads for advice, one more can't hurt but there are quite a few others.