• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ready for the Cummins!

Croatan_Kid

Well...I finally broke down and pulled the motor out of my truck yesterday! So all of the stuff I have in the for sale section is out and ready to be sold!

I'm excited, I just need more money!

crazyplowboy

Early model 12 vavle
If you have one with the Bosch P7100 IP :drool: you are going to have a heck of a toy. Thats a runnin motor that will take anything you can throw at it. They are also great because unlike the newer engines they have no computer to mess with, and everything as far as performance can be changed with a few wrenches instead of buying a $500 programmer.

Attachments

Croatan_Kid

Transmission and transfer case are still for sale, nobody has really been hitting on them much.

Nah, sadly, I've got a VE pumped motor. I was looking for a later model, but this was what I found.

Croatan_Kid

I've got a few things planned for it...

3200 rpm governor spring
'94 model WH1C 12cm wastegated turbo
4" straight pipe
turn up the fuel :-D
injectors

I'll be happy with about 250 hp and 600 tq :twisted:

your power goal is very easily achieved with a ve...hardly any trouble at all on a 6bt.you may have to look into more turbo later,but run what you have for now and see what you get for egt's.

i scored this out of a bluebird bus a couple days ago.iv'e decided to go with the 6 in my m-1010.

p-pumped 6btAA,complete with everything.

Attachments

Croatan_Kid

If I do anything, I'll break down and put a bigger turbine housing on the WH1C. I opted to use it over the stock 18cm non-wastegated H1C, plus it had a bit of slack in it.

2mtrucks

Dont forget to tab the infamous killer dowel pin on your 12 valve. The information I have from Cummins says that this locating pin poses the greatest risk in 94-98 12 v motors, but has also damaged some of the earlier 12v with the rotary pump.

Croatan_Kid

It's intercooled, not aftercooled. Can't switch between the H1C and WH1C very easily either as the rear of the turbos has a different flange. H1C uses a direct clamp, the WH1C uses a ball flange.

I'm definitely getting boost and EGT gauges. :twisted:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks