• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ready for the Cummins!

pevrs114

I just got done reading your whole build thread. Excellent looking truck. Very similar to what I've got in mind, but I don't have much disposable income right now. I'm looking to do an SM465/NP205 swap onto my Banks 6.2 for now. I've already got the trans/t-case, just trying to scrounge up the hydro bellhousing, pedals, cylinders, etc.

Very cool thread! Who'd you get to make the crossmember for you? What'd it cost you compared to the Avalanche one?

Croatan_Kid

The guy that built the crossmember is a vendor on Wheelin Dixie, his name is David Cubbage. He buils them in his spare time (which isn't much) and they're extremely cheap for the quality. I got that one custom made for my application for 160 bucks....shipped! :-D

IHASFIP

You know what you did is similar to what me and my best friend have been building for several years. We have a an 86 3/4 ton long bed. We put a 6bt with the VE pump (now p pump) in it. We put a built 518 tranny with manual valve body in it along with a 205 (soon to be doubler). It had a D60 front 14bff rear. 5.13's, detroits, high steer cross over w/ hydro assist. Rear disks. 6 inch BDS front springs with Hill country 2" shackles and ORD zero rate add a leaf. Rear is 4 inch BDS with ORD shackle reversal and custom shackles. Milemarker hydro winch. Underhood onboard welder. On board york air compressor with 30 gals of air space. Custom bumpers. H1 12 bolt double beadlocks. 32 gal fuel cell. 44" Super swamper boggers. Now in the process of putting rockwells and rear steer there. If you want pics or need any tech help let me know. We pretty much know exactly what you gotta do. :) A few pics...

D

Attachments