• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Real Hot-Rod Deuce!

surewriting

This kind of goes against almost every original intention and purpose of this truck, BUT, I got to thinking the other day (been reading too many hot rod mags), wouldnt it be pretty cool to make a total street rod out of a deuce? Im thinking lowered waay down, rear axles spread out to accommodate the super-singled out big-a$$ slicks, with the skinny tires up front, chopped top, motor as powered up as can be (which isnt too much, according to what ive been searching- head gasket issues and IP issues- cheaper to swap in a cummins or something, but Id like to keep it mostly original stuff, just heavily modified :grin:), wicked camo paint job, etc.

This would probably start to get into the numbers with the string of 0s that follow it if it were to acutally be done in real life, but id like to hear what you guys think (its on my 'one of these days' list lol). Im absolutely terrible with photoshop, and i dont think theres anything out there thats what im thinking about, so use your imaginations and go hog wild! i wanna see some radical concepts! i wanna see somthing that can put every other hot rod out there to shame (not by being on 53" tires and being the biggest most bad-a$$ truck out there, but by being the craziest hot-rod ever!).

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe that was the "malibu deuce". I would't say rolling abortion was even close to covering it.

GoHot229

ShureWriting, yes your crazy, and yes there could be various configurations of what you suggest. Say a sled-pull Deuce with big motor and such, but a dragster is leudacrous, and probably would be in an "Out-Law" class as far as racing. You should keep this insanity to yourself, you'll find it dosn't bode well here on the forum with the 'Purists' or probably quite alot of the 'Bobbed' crowd. As far as custom work like Chop-Top's, it's been done. Here are a couple pictures of our very own "CaveMan"s build. Quite nice and while I'd rather not have suicide doors, I am warming up to His. As for cost, are you some senators Son? Big money? Because thats what your subscribing to. However if you do build such a Unit, keep a picture log and I'm sure the forum members would love to see the progress you make.You might want to go to a couple Events/meets that the Steel Soldiers have and do a weekend with them, feel the friendship, see the Vehicles, meet the people, enjoy just a stock Deuce and guage if it's worth the cost, trouble and time your suggesting in produceing such a Frankenstein truck.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hal·lu·ci·no·gen
Pronunciation: \hə-ˈlü-sə-nə-jən\
Function: noun
Etymology: hallucination + -o- + -gen
Date: 1954
: a substance that induces hallucinations

surewriting

lol well Id love to have a deuce in any form! i just thought it would be a neat concept, albeit one that would cost crazy amounts of money, and not be particularly powerful, but definitely one-of-a-kind.

and as for getting the jeep stuck, i broke it beyond repair and sold it super cheap to a shop, and bought myself a baja beetle, which i proceeded to snap an axle learning how to drive stick.:roll:

if i remember correctly, this is the 'Deuce modification and hot-rodding forum', and youre all telling me no one here has thought of building an actual hot-rod out of a duece, and instead just telling me off for it instead? im not saying im gonna go build one, but that its a neat idea, and thanks gohot229 for the pics, thats one cool looking truck!

surewriting

i figured it would be akin to killing a deuce to a lot of people on the website, but ill see if i cant maybe draw up some sort of concept as to what im thinking about, and maybe were all just being a little argy-bargy because of some misunderstanding:-D.

im an ok artist, but ive never draw cars, let alone hotrod concept vehicles, so the result is bound to be interesting

im sure a lot of people wouldnt even want to think about what im talking about doing to a deuce, but if it were to ever pan out in real life (think many many years into the future), it would have to be done a deuce that was just about on its last legs- i would never tear up a pristine deuce for my hare-brained ideas

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not against modding deuces at all. Some are far from my taste and get the fun poked at them. When you put this statement, " but id like to hear what you guys think" in the mix, prepare to hear what people think. I don't think that is being told off.

DEATH DEUCE

Ive seen tri axel dump trucks doing burnouts and running the quater mile. Maybe a sheetmetal swap to a late model Pererbuilt chassie would be the way to go. Not much top end with double reduction rockwells. Besides who needs a true 6x6 if its going to be a hot rod. Build it!

m.walker

Find one some rock crawler robbed the axles out of and work with that . At least the remains won't get scrapped ! Maybe some civilian truck axles and go from there . Plenty of parts trucks to use , your going to modify most of it any way . Have at it , build what you want !

surewriting

well, i sketched a stock deuce, and went from there. its not looking quite like what i mean (meaning it looks amazingly goofy lol), but ill keep sketching till i get it right

Attachments

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Me an my long suffering sidekick FreightTrain have just such a project in mind...when it it finished it will knock your socks off.......I can't give exact details right now but think BIG T-bucket body style with BIG V-8 diesel.

surewriting

that sounds like a fantastic project! id like to keep the bed on mine, but custom-make it out of light-weight aluminum with wood bed inserts to shave off some of the impressive amount of weight. id also like to keep the multi-fuel because running any flammible liquid is one of the coolest things about the truck in my opinion (its essentially a glorified diesel from what i understand, but with specially shaped heads or something?).

as for the front suspenion, i was thinking a mono-leaf running straight across (itd need to be a HUGE one to support the weight, so maybe something different- i kind of like the horizontal coilovers you see on the f-1 cars), and replacing the toolbox thats under the drivers side with a fuel tank (lol maybe even run one of those old laker car shells as a fuel tank- a hot rod in a hot rod!)

Im having fun just playing around with the design, because its not like i have the time or money to really build it until far, far into the future when ill actually know what the heck im doing, but for now, if its cool looking, it goes

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks