• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Real Man toys are good people!

saddamsnightmare

March 08, 2010.

EMR & Co:

Check a heavy duty equipment or truck radiator rebuild shop, often they can recore with equivalent or heavier capacity cores for less then buying new.... More then for a takeout, but then one really never knows how old or hard used the takeout was or is.
The deuce radiator doesn't seem all that different from heavy construction truck design practice at the time the design was finalized (personal opinion based on observation). Usually you will have to look for a shop run by the really old guys, cause if the new guys can't find it on a computer or never saw one done..."It can't be done!" I get that one all the time with some of the odder machines I've owned (like 125 ton locomotives built in 1955), but it usually can be done and done right.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

Heath_h49008

Thanks for the heads up guys! I was hoping to buy an M35A2 in 2 weeks from them. I will still look, but with a MUCH more skeptical eye. I noticed their stuff looked a lot rougher than the GL auction stuff I see pictures of.

Preacherboy

Joe, the old GL rep for MI said they bought 50+ deuces and they were his biggest headache. I wouldn't doubt they had something to do with his firing.

A drunk monkey could probably run a business better than they could! I never too no business classes and our church is doing just fine; but we operate on honesty.

Heath_h49008

Well, I've got 3-4 other options, but these guys are local. I'm going on Friday to test drive a couple of M35A2s and see what they look like. I have the cash, if they have the truck. They are actually almost neighbors to my extended family, so I will give them a shot before passing judgement.

If anybody wants parts, list them here or in my "Test Drive" thread and I'll see what they have and what they want. Maybe they just had some growing pains with the new business, maybe not. In either case, Stephanie who I spoke with was very professional, and Joe seemed nice enough, if hurried. They're opening a new grocery store (moving the old one) and he wasn't able to talk much.

Gotta give them a shot.

Heath_h49008

Well.....

My GF and I stood in a light drizzle for over 20 minutes watching "Joe" the owner screw around and talk to an employee/son who was working.

The younger guy actually was polite and spoke with us as soon as we showed up, even though he was driving a forklift at the time. Joe looked at us and then chose to ignore our presence.

This MUST be stressed: I had spoken with Joe earlier this week, and had made an appointment to test drive a few trucks, and had $1500 on me for a deposit, in a somewhat sketchy neighborhood.

We simply left after standing in the cold for 20 minutes. I have a large number of pictures of the conditions and a few trucks. Which I will post later.;. I must finish a few emergency repairs to cars before running to another M35A2 dealer in Cadillac. Pics to come.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks