• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear hitch on M1101 / 1102?

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
T............
Note I put the tailgate down on the upper trailer for better aerodynamics!! hahaha
I am glad you added the ha ha ha...

We don't have fancy TV so the only time I have seen 'Myth busters' was at a hotel... The episode was relating to traveling with tailgate down to save fuel.
...BUSTED...
They proved that there is a stationary plug of air held by the tailgate that the moving air coming over the cab flows over - relatively undisturbed, whereas with the gate down serious eddys form, creating a lot of drag.. This totally blows those "air gates" which advertise fuel savings!

Nice job with the tie downs - will stand you in good stead with the load securement part of a CDL test!!

1stDeuce

Well, on a pickup they proved it's actually worse with the tailgate down... Or on that particular pickup anyway... I thought it might make a difference on the trailer, since it was tail high up in the wind. Still pushing the front, so I doubt it made any difference at all.
And up until the new law requiring a physical just just have a CDL, I had one. Hadn't used it in years though... :)