• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear hitch on M1101 / 1102?

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
T............
Note I put the tailgate down on the upper trailer for better aerodynamics!! hahaha
I am glad you added the ha ha ha...

We don't have fancy TV so the only time I have seen 'Myth busters' was at a hotel... The episode was relating to traveling with tailgate down to save fuel.
...BUSTED...
They proved that there is a stationary plug of air held by the tailgate that the moving air coming over the cab flows over - relatively undisturbed, whereas with the gate down serious eddys form, creating a lot of drag.. This totally blows those "air gates" which advertise fuel savings!

Nice job with the tie downs - will stand you in good stead with the load securement part of a CDL test!!

1stDeuce

Well, on a pickup they proved it's actually worse with the tailgate down... Or on that particular pickup anyway... I thought it might make a difference on the trailer, since it was tail high up in the wind. Still pushing the front, so I doubt it made any difference at all.
And up until the new law requiring a physical just just have a CDL, I had one. Hadn't used it in years though... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks