• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear inner hub seal on M931A1

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bearing then something in the key way then outer seal. Cork or something in the key way. I don't like silly cone and have had good luck with a piece of those blue paper shop towels from the auto parts place. I tear off a piece and using a flat blade screw driver cramp it in the key way till the cavity under the bearing is full and out to end of the bearing. If a little hangs out the tab on the seal will push it tight.

Bandit02

I go by what Timken/StemCo recommend for their wet hub setups.

1. Torque inner nut while spinning the hub to 200 ft/lbs
2. Back off a full turn
3. Torque inner nut to 50 ft/lbs
4. Back off 1/4 turn and install locking components
5. Torque outer nut to 250 ft/lbs

Aruba1

Got the hub off, the innet seal collapsed. About to finisg cleaning everything up and put her back on. While outside I also added a block heater, I am ready for Snowpocalypse.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea the 1/4 back off seems to be the norm for big axles other than putting a Dial indecator on them. As said they don't run that outer seal that we do so I have had no problems with backing off only 1/8 turn.
Glad your up and running. When all else fails Google and trust the force.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks