• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Main Seals

Woodsplinter

Are there any new production seals being manufactured at this time? I'd hate to go through the work of changing the seal only to have it leak because the NOS seal I put in there is over 10 years old.

Thanks this is what I need to know. As far as surplus seals, the only issue is how they are being stored. The shelf life on these type of seals is 15 years but can be longer if stored properly. However, a new seal can fail just as fast as a NOS seal.

So which way are you going to go? You don't want NOS because it might leak but you believe a new one could leak just as fast as a NOS seal.. lol.. I'm confused- haha!!

cobra5

So which way are you going to go? You don't want NOS because it might leak but you believe a new one could leak just as fast as a NOS seal.. lol.. I'm confused- haha!!
I figured someone would point out the fact that even a new seal can be bad so I just stated it before the fact. I have no problem with surplus seals but as I stated it depends on how they have been stored is the question. Anyway, I got a deal on a couple surplus seals that have good dates.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks