• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Mounted Winch?

No, you cannot simply "flip" the PTO, the gears would not lign up correctly. I have seen some say that you can pull the gear and shaft and reverse them inside the housing and then do it.

A simpler option would be to get a dual output PTO. It will bolt tight onn and you can power your front winch and a rear accessory at the same time with it. I have one for sale if anyone needs it. I also have a PTO pump from an old dump truck and several Duece front winches.

I have been thinking about this myself because I would like to get a M870A1 trailer which folds down flat for self loading, but it requires a rear winch to assemble/dissassemble like the truck that TOPO has shown.

Derek Taylor
Derek, I need one. PM sent

Here's what I ended up with. I used a Firetruck transfercase PTO . I used a 5 ton winch. I made some linkage so I could use the stock PTO shifter. One of the air tanks had to be moved over to clear the PTO shaft.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks