• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Mounted Winch?

No, you cannot simply "flip" the PTO, the gears would not lign up correctly. I have seen some say that you can pull the gear and shaft and reverse them inside the housing and then do it.

A simpler option would be to get a dual output PTO. It will bolt tight onn and you can power your front winch and a rear accessory at the same time with it. I have one for sale if anyone needs it. I also have a PTO pump from an old dump truck and several Duece front winches.

I have been thinking about this myself because I would like to get a M870A1 trailer which folds down flat for self loading, but it requires a rear winch to assemble/dissassemble like the truck that TOPO has shown.

Derek Taylor
Derek, I need one. PM sent

Here's what I ended up with. I used a Firetruck transfercase PTO . I used a 5 ton winch. I made some linkage so I could use the stock PTO shifter. One of the air tanks had to be moved over to clear the PTO shaft.

Attachments