• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recent auction prices on MEP-002, 003, etc.

Carl_in_NH

Greetings., folks. A number of really nice gensets closed in various areas around the country today, and I'm really curious if they are still going for quite high prices, or if things have come back down a little from a couple months ago.

Given the distances involved, I didn't bid on any - so I don't know the closing prices. Anyone just close on 003a's or 002a's?

There were other nice ones - like the clean MEP-018a I saw.

Anyone care to provide a little up-to-the-minute price feedback? I'd just like to get a general feel for the market.

Thanks,

Isaac-1

I watched a MEP002a with ASK close at about $700 today on GL, it was cheap enough that I thought about buying it, however once I added my costs to take a day off work, drive the 180 miles each way, taxes, fees, etc. it would still be well over $1,000.

Ike

maddog

I was bidding on a pair of MEP 003a (no sound enclosure) on a trailer but I gave up at $2000. I was also watching a pair of the same (WITH the sound enclosure) on a trailer and it went for roughly $3000. I noticed another mep 003 skid mounted (no sound enclosure) went for $1000.

Are these prices high, normal or low?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was watching a few 003's in Chambersburg, PA today that went for upwards of $700 to $1000, some with and some without the ASK.

I was also watching a few MEP-112a's in NC today as well...I sure hope nobody on here was crazy enough to buy them. They were in decent shape from looking at the pictures but they were bringing between $500 and $850 last I looked. And somebody actually paid upwards of $1000 or more for one of them, it did look pretty new though. Still, I would not have given over $200 for the best of em.

Carl_in_NH

Thanks, folks - those are all good data points; please keep 'em coming.

Agree with you, Speddmon - unless you've got a real specific application to power some surplus military electronic gear, or an application testing aircraft equipment, there's not much use for 400 Hz generators. As a parts machine if you're got a 60 Hz counterpart with a damaged engine, perhaps - but it's tough to justify that kind of money.

Buttweet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was watching a few 003's in Chambersburg, PA today that went for upwards of $700 to $1000, some with and some without the ASK.

I was also watching a few MEP-112a's in NC today as well...I sure hope nobody on here was crazy enough to buy them. They were in decent shape from looking at the pictures but they were bringing between $500 and $850 last I looked. And somebody actually paid upwards of $1000 or more for one of them, it did look pretty new though. Still, I would not have given over $200 for the best of em.
Bought 3 MEP-003A`s at Robins last week. Had to pay $1820 for 2 and $1770 for the third. Only have one running so far.
Tanks have interior rust which is giving me fits. Think one needs an injector pump. Any body know a pump source ?
Thanks
Buttweet

3dAngus

That one should have been ready to go except for the rusty tank that needed cleaning out. The other two has some wiring issues, but with you having three, that should be no problem at all to figure out. Now you got about 30KW worth of 3 phase power. Are you going to sell some?

Buttweet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the quick reply. The one that runs had 3300 hrs. You are right. Removed tank rust and it cranked up.
Second one (200+ hrs) was in fair shape except for tank rust, but can`t get it to fire. Getting small amount of
fuel mist out the exhaust whenever I turn it over but no start. Injector pump squirts some whenever I remove
each injector line but may not be enough to reach the injectors. Beginning to suspect the injector pump. Tied
the injector pump shutoff lever open to no avail. Injector pump plunger move in and out.
Third 003a did have wiring issues where starter had been removed and just loosely reinstalled with all wires
dandling. Injector pump had been removed and reinstalled loosely with lines disconnected.. Tank on this one
was really rusted. been cutting 6 in. dia hole in top to gain access plus drilled out rivets around filler pipe.
Filler tubes are soft soldered to the tank and heat has to be applied before it will pop loose. Don`t know
if I`ll get this one running or not. I`m located just 10 miles north of you. Drop by.
Thanks again for your encouragement.
Buttweet

flyxpl

like the trucks , sometimes the low time equipment has sat for a long time without prep for storage giving the equipment more problems then the high time equipment .

Titanium-Wolverine

when I bought my 002a(ask) last week, I got it for $370.00, so after gass and taxes and the GL fee It cost me about $500.00

so far I need to clean the tank and replace 2 switches,,,the on orr prime, and voltage adjust.

So hopefully it will run good. There were all these for sale at the same time.

Mine was the 3400 hour crappy one!:-?

all the rest were nice looking and shiny, ranging from the lowest hour one of 14 hours, to 500 hours those went from like $900 for the 14 hour to the 1100 hours of like $475.

see for yourself......check out here to see what they sold for,,,,,lots of genset prices here,,,for what they cold for in the last month or so
Industrial, Marine, Vehicular & Aerospace Ground Support Equipment at Government Liquidation

Attachments

Last edited:

Buttweet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know price ranges for 002/003 injector pumps or can they be rebuilt at a turbo shop. Carrying one of my 003
starters to be rebuilt next week. This 003 ( 300+ hrs) is really a dog and was evidently used as a parts donor in the field.
It has never seen the inside of a shelter. When checking out the worn out starter someone had stuck on the unit before
sending to GL, found the ringgear/flywheel to be extremely heavy duty and was pleased. At first thought some teeth were sheared off the ringgear, but not so. Think these ringgear/flywheels came off D6 Caterpillars.
I hate to be long winded, but can I tow a M105A2 trailer home from Robins with a standard F150 pickup? That is, whenever
my EUC is approved. Thanks for listening. This was my first GL experience. Love this website.
Buttweet

Buttweet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, Thanks to Mike KK4AIF for letting me know the 002 and 003 injector pumps are interchangeable. Maybe that will make
them more available.
Thanks
Buttweet

3dAngus

Yes, you can tow a M105a2 home with a standard F-150 without issue, so long as it is empty. You should stop by tractor supply on Watson Blvd and get a pintle hitch receiver elevator, so you can raise the elevation of the pintle. The M105 will sit way to high in tthe back, to low at the hitch to tow properly if you don't raise it with the pintle hitch elevator. Here's a picture that might make more sense;

Farm & Ranch Pintle Mounting Plate, 11 in. Shaft - 1891593 | Tractor Supply Company

Farm & Ranch 8 Ton Pintle Hook with 6000 lb. Ball - 1890783 | Tractor Supply Company

hilber

Get your hitch as high as possible. I pulled one back from Robins with a 350 and a 7" pintle hitch and it looked like a missile laucher as it was too low on the front. I Let the back gate down and could see out of it.

Buttweet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the towing info 3dAngus and hilber. Sounds like I`ll be looking pretty coming through Warner Robins
up Watson blvd with my tail gate in the air. Maybe they will see my "Miss State Alumni" sticker on my truck and will
understand.:)
Thanks
Buttweet

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks