• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recent auction prices on MEP-002, 003, etc.

Isaac-1

If you get into dealing with replacement injection pump, be aware of the requirement for a matching size button, many people here have been burned by buying a replacement pump and not knowing they needed a to be matched to a certain size button that is not included (search the forum).

Ike

joesco

Plan on $450-$600 for a shop to rebuild the IP.

Here is the shop I used.

[FONT=&quot]JT Pitcher[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]D&W Diesel[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Product Manager - Fuel Injection[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]315-253-2324 Ext. 125

[/FONT]
QUOTE=Buttweet;946037]Anyone know price ranges for 002/003 injector pumps or can they be rebuilt at a turbo shop. Carrying one of my 003
starters to be rebuilt next week. This 003 ( 300+ hrs) is really a dog and was evidently used as a parts donor in the field.
It has never seen the inside of a shelter. When checking out the worn out starter someone had stuck on the unit before
sending to GL, found the ringgear/flywheel to be extremely heavy duty and was pleased. At first thought some teeth were sheared off the ringgear, but not so. Think these ringgear/flywheels came off D6 Caterpillars.
I hate to be long winded, but can I tow a M105A2 trailer home from Robins with a standard F150 pickup? That is, whenever
my EUC is approved. Thanks for listening. This was my first GL experience. Love this website.
Buttweet[/QUOTE]

3dAngus

Thanks for the towing info 3dAngus and hilber. Sounds like I`ll be looking pretty coming through Warner Robins
up Watson blvd with my tail gate in the air. Maybe they will see my "Miss State Alumni" sticker on my truck and will
understand.:)
Thanks
Buttweet

If you're taking it up Watson, you better make sure you have lights.

Anyway, I would go out the gate, hang a left, go south 247 to right on Hwy 96, and home from there. Less traffic, less lights, less stops on your brakes, and less liklihood of getting stopped by the law. It's also faster. Watson is a wreck of telephone poles, stop lights, and traffic. Only go there if you must.

Buttweet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ref: Continuing saga of a MEP 003A injector pump pn M50 2/4A-80A-9540A made by AMBAC.
New one from AMBAC $1600+. Visited TURBO DIESEL & Electrical Systems, Macon Ga. 478-781-8383 (Ron). They are a AMBAC distributor. Cost of reman pump w/core, $478. If they rebuilt your pump, which consists of just installing a gasket kit, $275, and they cannot check it out afterwards so no warranty and no guarantee that it will work. He said I could install the gasket set at a cost of $67, which is the way I elected to go. Will let you know how that works out.
Also carried a starter to Franklin Battery in Warner Robins. He can`t locate parts to rebuild a military 24 volt starter. Maybe I can rope start it.
Lesson learned from my first GL experience: Do not even dare bid on one of these gensets unless you inspect it carefully looking for sighs of prior removal of the injector pump and/starter such as interrupted paint on the attach nuts. If you have to replace either of the two items it becomes a deal killer.
Thanks for listening--have a good nite
Private Buttweet

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks