• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recent security upgrade to the site, please let me know if you see any error/warnings

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just an update, earlier today the index.php file was tampered with on the site. I've been holding back a php blocking tool for the site. Today I implemented that tool as well as added some more security behind a few folders. If you see any warning/error/blocked pages in error, please let me know. I'm having to tweak the securities. I know earlier today the tool had blocked tapatalk from connecting. That should be resolved now.

Al Harvey

I clicked on Today's Posts and I keep getting a message with the following on a black screen. I can navigate through the forums but can't use the today's post. Not sure if it's a problem with my computer or something in the system. The tab at the top says " UPLOAD FILES BY Dr-D0n " I am using Windows 98 and viewing it through Firefox.

Linux www.steelsoldiers.com 2.6.32-358.18.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Aug 28 17:19:38 UTC 2013 x86_64
???? ???????

Lonnie

When trying to open any photo attachments, the screen just greys out & freezes. If I right click & open in a new window they work fine.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
When trying to open any photo attachments, the screen just greys out & freezes. If I right click & open in a new window they work fine.
I'm not able to duplicate it freezing. I'm able to click on attachements and view in the shadow box without issue. Anyone else having this issue?

Lonnie

I tried in another post & it appears to be working fine now.... not sure what happened.

The ones that didn't work 5 minutes ago work fine now.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's working fine for me , thanks for YOUR efforts , have a Great Christmas and Happy Holidays , Bob k

ATPTac

Not sure if this is related or not (or if its been covered yet): but when searching around the forum, especially older threads, when those threads have links to other threads, they take me to the main site and not the intended link. An example: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?4167-Leaking-Rear-Wheel-Bearing-Seals-another-thought if you click the second link on the first post you'll see what I'm referring to. Its with quite a few of the older threads I've gone through, that was just the quickest example I could find.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure if this is related or not (or if its been covered yet): but when searching around the forum, especially older threads, when those threads have links to other threads, they take me to the main site and not the intended link. An example: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?4167-Leaking-Rear-Wheel-Bearing-Seals-another-thought if you click the second link on the first post you'll see what I'm referring to. Its with quite a few of the older threads I've gone through, that was just the quickest example I could find.
Nope, those would have been broken long long ago. (Notice the 2006 date) The board previously was on other software besides vBulletin and some of the conversions weren't handled correctly. Sorry. :(

CV1073

Sir i am encountering a lot of issue logging in from my pc and laptop, i keep getting the "403 forbidden - spammer tollerant host network", what can I do?

dependable

When there where server issues a couple days ago, noticed site script in lower left corner was something like 'ibtrade' instead of the regular 'connecting to SS'. Probably just a script for one of the adds, but...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks