• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recent security upgrade to the site, please let me know if you see any error/warnings

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sir i am encountering a lot of issue logging in from my pc and laptop, i keep getting the "403 forbidden - spammer tollerant host network", what can I do?
That likely will be due to your ISP being a notorious spammer host. IF you have a IP that doesn't change, I can probably remove the block. Please PM me your IP address. You can find that out via www.whatismyip.com

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
When there where server issues a couple days ago, noticed site script in lower left corner was something like 'ibtrade' instead of the regular 'connecting to SS'. Probably just a script for one of the adds, but...
I'll need more than that to go off of. There is a very good possibility it's coming from the two banner ads at the bottom of the page though, those are delivered via google.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm shutting down the chatroom for now. There's a file dependency for it that provides some access I'm not keen about. I'd like to leave it off for a while to investigate.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That likely will be due to your ISP being a notorious spammer host. IF you have a IP that doesn't change, I can probably remove the block. Please PM me your IP address. You can find that out via www.whatismyip.com
I'm also getting a 403 error saying the site is unavailable on my home computer that started around New Years. I thought the site was down again until I came into work and found the site working on my work computer. I'm getting satellite service through Exede/Wildblue.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm also getting a 403 error saying the site is unavailable on my home computer that started around New Years. I thought the site was down again until I came into work and found the site working on my work computer. I'm getting satellite service through Exede/Wildblue.
You have a slew of IP addresses. Can you please check on your home IP address with that link I posted earlier? I will PM you my email address to send it to when you get home.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just a update,

I'm running some file scans in the background of /home directory. We've got a TON of attachments, so this will take some time to complete. It may cause a slowness a times for pages to load. Also we'll be upgrading the forum software in the future as we're one release behind. I don't have a tentative timeline for that yet. But I'm planning on sooner than later. (I'd love to sleep a little!)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I am no longer getting email notifications about anything I've subscribed to on the site. Have not changed anything and would love to know what happened.
I'm still getting email updates. I haven't changed anything with that. Your account is fully registered still and I don't see anything with email being changed. (Your email on file is tXXXXXXXXXXXX1@gmail.com, I omitted the characters between the first and last of the email user ID) Did you possibly unsubscribe from threads?

What do you have listed in here?
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/subscription.php?folderid=0

And if you're not getting emails at all from the site, have you checked your spam folder to see if they got labeled as spam? (I've done that before with gmail and ended up putting notifications all to spam by accident)

Jeepsinker

Yeah I do all my stuff on my phone because I can't remember my password to log on via laptop, so now I gotta figure out how to un- spam my SS updates on my phone. Thanks Patracy, didn't even think about that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks