• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovering at Camp Dodge.

Screamer27

Hey guys, I live only about 2 miles from Camp Dodge, and know a few of the maintence crew guys up there. If anyone ever needs help with a recovery, or needs something looked over give me a shout. They have a lot of things coming up this coming year. Tons of Dueces, 5 tons, and a crapload of CUCV's. If you need a special tool or something let me know. I was a GM tech for 6 years, and have a lot of tools for all occasions. Don't be bashful though if your in the area, and need help, or just want to catch lunch with another MV guy shoot me a call (PM for number).

deuceman51

Might have to take you up on that. I'm going to bid on the next sale and I will be back to camp dodge for recovery school this summer, would love to meet another Steel Soldiers member. I just finished my 63B training there and know a few of the guys there. Really great training site.

Screamer27

After I got out of school, I was going to enlist, and try getting with the 113 Cav, in the maintence part. I ended up getting alot of scholarships and went to GM's ASEP program, and then worked in GM dealers for 5 years. Now I work at a Marine Dealer, as a shop foreman/technician. My dad was in for 31 years, my brother was in for 8-10 years and was a tanker down in Barstow. Heck even my mom was in the reserves, its how my parents met ;) So we are kinda an army family, me being the odd man out.

davidkroberts

someone was on here a few days ago needing some help with a M109 (i think ) coming out of camp dodge, ill see if i can find him and link him to this thread

mastrb

Got my EUC in now and will be making a recovery soon. If I have any trouble I maybe getting a hold of you. I will be picking up a deuce at camp dodge.

Screamer27

Ok, my PM box is over flowing. I talked to Scott at GL, He will be on location between 8-10am on the 6th of March. I will be up there at 8am, I'll be going over the dueces they have and taking a few extra pictures. If you guys have a certain one, or a certain few you want extra pictures of, or want to know if it has a heater, or which turbo and such. Please shoot me a PM, with the Lot number and what you want to know about it.
Nate.

I'm not going to take any liability saying something will make it a such and such many mile drive home. I suggest not to drive them, unless its a short distance, its hard telling what shape the brakes are or anything on these. I do understand alot of you guys will be bidding on these with the intention of driving them 100's of miles home.

ohnuts

Well stupid is one of the tools I find in my tool box now and then. I just find THAT OLD TOOL IN MY HAND AND SAY HELLO AGAIN, and try to recover. I have a truck 4098 lot 7517 that will be picking up as soon as the EUC does its thing. Scott the sight manager looked at it because some picks from the sale were duped. Has a box heater so I'm jazzed, said it ran onto the lot. So I expect it to run three feet outside the gate. Weld the rotors togeather then lurch to the right into the nearest guardrail and die.

Only one thing must work well with any vehicle, the driver and the brakes, ok two.

If you could send me a cell number Screamer I would like to have it. Just trying to set up a network if things go badly. Anyone else between Johnston IA and Indy please pipe in.

Of course it will be insured and might make it home.

Attachments

Last edited:

rat4spd

I got a deuce off that auction. I'm going to try to get a "post view" this Wednesday, maybe Screamer can get there before I do.

Whaddya mean some picks were duped?

ohnuts

I was looking for a shop van. The dupes, were three of the first four vans that came up. One was a non-runner, wonder what it went for? Two, three and four were a dupe of two or four. Three was only seen at an angle once and had a tan body and green antenna. Two and four had no antenna and no heat in the shop box per Scott, site manager.

Didnt notice any trucks duped. Made a scale of all the features a truck could offer and then graded each one looking for dupes. Then you count up the score and do it again until you decide what you want.

I like the street tire deuce that was for sale. I keyed off the windshield wipers if eveything else looked the same.

Last edited:

rat4spd

I was bidding on two I think is was, and got outbid......had to stick with the backup for other reasons....probably good.

I noticed the 185. That's the auction my truck came from.

gonorth

When I was at the inspection for sale 4115 Scott said that he did not know anything about trucks. I showed him how to tell if they have a heater for the cab, so now he knows at least that much. I doubt he knows how to tell if the shop box has heat tho.

If anyone bought one off sale 4115 without inspecting it, I have notes on all but 5 of them, if you want my notes for your truck just PM me. I am far from an expert but I do have some basics noted on each one. I am not from the area, I was just down there picking up a trailer from a prior auction so I looked over the trucks comeing up.

Highwayman87

I just got a deuce from there Thursday and it was in the North lot which meant that it didn't run. If the trucks listed say that it didn't run there is more to it than just a dead battery. All the junk goes to the North lot. Mine had an inoperable in tank fuel pump. :cry: BUT being the "Deuce Master" that I am I got it started and drove 200 miles home with NO problems:-D Thank GOD! How did I do that? The injector pumps will draw fuel out of the tank IF the system is tight, no leaks. You have to hold the throttle to the floor and crank the engine for about 15 seconds at a time then let the starter cool a bit. Do that repeatedly till the engine fires on a few cylinders and quits. Let go of the throttle on the floor and crank again. It will rumble then quit. Hold it to the floor one more time and it will fire right up. I know it's bad on the starting system but in an emergency situation it works. I wasn't leaving without the truck so the Good Lord must have been on my side that day!:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks