• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery? Lost...... or Stolen from Ft. Indiantown Gap PA.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As for the ones of you that keep crying "oh but they'll ban me for life" or "they'll just stop selling to individuals" all I can say is I wonder why you're so dead set against seeing something done about the theft problem. If YOU'RE happy with things being stolen out of your trucks then don't file a report but don't try to convince others not to. Or is there some reason that you want to see the theft continue??
Why are these the only options you present? You admit you have never delt with GL and then you continue with your BLANKET statements.

Just because someone offered a opinion different than yours does not mean they are "crying". Just because someone beleives that it's not going to change doesn't mean they don't want it to change.

The theft sucks - I was ripped off, so I KNOW it sucks. In the end I decided that it wasn't worth my time or trouble to mess with it. I got a great truck at an incredible price and though I got jacked on a few items I can still live with it.

I'm not a big betting man, but I'll be willing to place a large wager that we keep hearing about minor GL theft issues FOREVER.

In my opinion - theft sucks, it happens a LOT more than you think (even on base), and things at GL aren't changing much anytime soon. If you wanna fight the fight and try to make it stop - go for it. aua

Last edited:

Capriceii

Has any one had these Issue at Wright Patterson? My Truck is there waiting for me. Waiting for my EUC.

If any one is going there to pick up could you check it out for me and let me know how bad off it is?

I agree any theft needs to be dealt with but via proper channels.

Thanks!

Capriceii

Has any one had these Issue at Wright Patterson? My Truck is there waiting for me. Waiting for my EUC.

If any one is going there to pick up could you check it out for me and let me know how bad off it is?

I agree any theft needs to be dealt with but via proper channels.

Thanks!

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I've got news guys - this pilfering has been going on long before GL even existed. Not to sound callous, because theft is theft, but this is part of the risk we assume by not buying from a dealer.

PRE-GL, I lost off of various trucks - towing shackles, chocks, in-tank fuel pump, seat cushions and spare tire.

Best wishes,
David Doyle

Reactions: DUG

jollyroger

First of all I would like to apologize to militarysteel for poping off the other day. You gotta admit though that you got a little personal with the shame on me and the pointing of the fat finger comments. However that does not make what I said right. So......I am hoping to burry the hatchet and walk away from that episode with a friendly understanding.

Now my dilema is that I thought I had proof of what the truck looked like at the yard when H&S picked it up. I think I got my wires crossed with H&S because I can't find the pictures on my e-mails back and forth with them. Without that I think I'm stuck on this one. I for sure don't want to start something I can't finish.

What this means is that I need to make a checklist for buying at locations that are not close to me where I need to have a third party remove the items. One of the major things is to have pictures of the unit from the people that pick the rig up at the DRMO. That way I can contrast and compare with the GL photos.

Last edited:

jollyroger

Oh yeah. I forgot. Carma is coming around. I found a TM9-2320-260-10 and an LO 9-2320-260-12 (Laminated) in a three ring equipment logbook in a canvas sachel in the glovbox of the truck. At least someone did not get that and I was way happy to find it. Kind of helps takes the sting out of the other problems.:-D

AceHigh

It is a challenge. On the other hand my wife bought one of the Frankfort trucks without inspection. The pics just showed the empty bed from the ground. Well, it seemed empty anyway.

4 members here, all top notch folks, assisted in getting it home here. Imagine our surprise to find the bed had new fiberglass bows, a decent cargo cover, 2 boarding ladders (1 aluminium) and more. These could have disappeared at any stage along the way and we would not have known it.

I have also read many posts about finding tools and such upon recovery.

Good people here for sure.

jollyroger

It is nice to find those little gems. I just got 4 trailers back from Ft. Carson yesterday and in one of the 105's there was a vinyl cargo cover and some wheel chocks that were not in the pictures.

Pawnshop

:ditto: How did you get the EUC submitted, sent to BC, returned, and an appointment made in one week? Did you preview the truck? There are several items on GL that get re-listed months after they were originally listed and they just use the same pics.
That happened at Ft.Sam Houston, San Antonio Texas. That lot is fairly secure, My two Deuces from there were completely devoid of goodies but I have no idea if there was EVER anything in them to begin with.

My M1009 at Tinker lost the fire bottle and spare tire between photographing and pickup. The truck was photographed in Michigan so the fire bottle could be anywhere but there were fresh CIVIE footprints in the dust on my back seat (rear window didn't work) and an empty space next to my truck, I think I know where the spare went. That GL lot has only ONE guy there and he is usually moving stuff with a fork somewhere else.

Jeep-jeep lost an antenna mount and base and a -10 from his last purchase, unk when the photos were taken and no he didn't preview.

As for the quick turnaround, he was informed that under a new program "frequent fliers" with all their ducks in a row will get 2 day EUC approval from Battle Creek, and that is what happened, and Ft.Sam is open for pickups Mon-Thurs with no appointment needed. This all happened late April 2010.

Pawnshop

Does anyone know how "safe" Hooks is? I've seen it but its hard to say if it qualifies as secure.
Depends on what part of "Hooks" it's in. It appears that "Hooks" comprises of several lots, Hooks proper, Lone Star Ammunition Depot and a yard my M105A3 was in that was completely unmanned and remote from the others with no visible security other than a locked chain link gate. The GL staff did keep somewhat of an eye on us when we were there, but I think anyone with some cahones could get in there and pilfer small stuff.