• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery planned, Dayton, Ohio to Spartanburg,SC this coming Friday

bchauvette

th.jpgcalled in the "A" team. Mighty Mouse theme song goes something like "Here he comes to save the day..." good fit.

Here is the link to sky drive pics. I tried to capture the moments but didn't work out so well. You can't capture the sense of climbing up or going down a hill when you take a pic while your on said hill. Scenic vistas don't work either when taken though a dirty windshield.

http://1drv.ms/1JXXAZB

You can download thesee pics. Be careful you can also delete!

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 534550called in the "A" team. Mighty Mouse theme song goes something like "Here he comes to save the day..." good fit.

Here is the link to sky drive pics. I tried to capture the moments but didn't work out so well. You can't capture the sense of climbing up or going down a hill when you take a pic while your on said hill. Scenic vistas don't work either when taken though a dirty windshield.

http://1drv.ms/1JXXAZB

You can download thesee pics. Be careful you can also delete!
Thanks for the pictures Butch. It was a trip I'll never forget even though at times, I thought it was a nightmare.

I hope some of you noticed that this tow over the mountains and down the valleys was made using the dreaded IBIS TEK tow bar some hate. I had used it in the past with no problems and this time was also a non-issue. It performed flawlessly and I trusted it with my life. I will not hesitate to use it again in the future. Just my opinion. YMMV.

andy3

I did notice IBIS. Yours is the solid bar unit if I remember correctly.

Safety jacket & safety chains. You did it all smartly & safely. A-team.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gotta love the hole in the hill. My kids were born and raised here in FL. They have never seen snow and never seen a hole in the hill. They have seen tunnels under bodies of water though!

mrscochran

I don't know how to tag people, because I am more Facebook savvy than I am with this website, but I hope there is someway everyone can read this last comment of mine on here.

Going after the Hellcat was an adventure I was NOT prepared for. My Andy has of course taught me to drive every truck that's ever come through "Cochran Square", and although I'm pretty confident in my driving abilities, (At least driving FORWARD- not backing up-another story for another time) when Butch and I reached the Saluda Grade and the Gorge through Tennessee, I truly learned what it means to FULLY rely on God. I knew all of you guys had our backs with well wishes and prayers, but those mountains and those tight curves didn't have any sympathy and I'm pretty sure they weren't going to budge- even for Big Ole Juliette. I started thinking "Oh God, I'm not going to be able to do this, I'm not going to ever see my husband, my kids or even daylight again." (Poor Butch!!) All I could do was pray...and pray...and pray some more. Well, as y'all know, we made it. We're all alive, we're all well and we have a heck of a story to tell. The part I haven't told is this: When I was driving, I just prayed for God to take over, but I didn't apply faith to that prayer like I should have.

When we finally got home, I was the first one to walk through the house. As I walked through our kitchen into our living room, I saw a complete RAINBOW over our love seat, right with a banner I have hanging on the wall that says "Merry Christmas". I was so stunned I couldn't move for a minute. God gave Noah a rainbow after the flood as a promise, and now we had one in our living room?!? NOTHING like this has ever happened to me, not in my entire life. I'm a Christian, I believe in God, I know He's there, but I used to have doubts from time to time. Going around those mountains, I had my doubts. I didn't fully trust Him. I will never, ever have another doubt, not as long as I live.

For the record, the Christmas lights on our mantle had been left on, and they were shining through a snow globe, which caused the rainbow on the opposite wall. However, those decorations have been up for weeks and last night was the first time we've ever seen a rainbow in this house. I don't know if it will be there again tonight or not. I didn't move a thing-I just unplugged the lights. If it is, I'm going to take a picture. I'm sorry for the long post, but my conscience would not let me leave this unsaid.

Thanks for reading.

~Carrie-Ann Cochran

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, powerful stuff right there. I'm always tickled to see how my Lord works through people. I am always in awe and He never disappoints! Congrats on completing such an epic adventure.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put my life in trust with that bar also.
I looked at it and it was solid and well made.
I had no doubts in it or Andy.
Let's go get another one I am ready.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was totally relaxed after we aired that tire up and truck was tracking true.
You did a excellent job keeping the beasts under control.
I think the only scary part was when we got off 75 onto 640 and it slid a little on that crappie off ramp.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just want to say , it is so awesome that I have met all if you and to see how you all work to help each other :)
Can be quite the clown show at times! For the most parts, these folks will drop a hot plate of chilimac to help another out! Well, maybe not chilimac but they would drop other foods.

mrscochran

I would like to clarify we did indeed have to wait on Ken to get his makeup on before we could leave. His beauty regime takes longer than mine!image.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks