• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery planned, Dayton, Ohio to Spartanburg,SC this coming Friday

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lugging a towbar around all the time can be a real curse but when you need them, only blessings from above are better. Good work gang, definitely an "A" for effort.

infidel got me

Well, if the rest of this Rescue Outfit would hurry up with putting on their makeup and fixing their hair, we'd be Southbound! The Good Lord saw fit to bring us this far safely. Praying He'll see fit to take us home safely, too.[/QUOTE

Coffee doesn't take that long to do hair and make up.

Is he still wearing that lip gloss?

Just kidding guys ---- glad to hear you made it, despite all the problems. Good luck with new ride, I know she went to a good home.

WILL

mrscochran

We. Are. HOME!!! Thank you all for your prayers, words of wisdom and support. It was an experience I'll never forget, and I have to say I really had a great time making that drive with Butch. No radio required! Special thanks to you guys who got my man (and Ken) off the side of the Highway! Thank you so, so much!

Rmtaunton

Wooooo hooooo

Congratulations , I know it was rough , but your safe and sound at home now with a new truck and plenty of stories you will laugh about later :)

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We. Are. HOME!!! Thank you all for your prayers, words of wisdom and support. It was an experience I'll never forget, and I have to say I really had a great time making that drive with Butch. No radio required! Special thanks to you guys who got my man (and Ken) off the side of the Highway! Thank you so, so much!
Well we know Butch can't program a Baofeng anyway so radios wouldn't work. :)

You're welcome. I know Gimpy and I were happy to help.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now I have another 45 min to get my behind home lol.
Had a good time despite the problems.
Andy if ever required again I am there for you.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to thank everyone involved and all those rooting for us! I have never been soooo happy to see my exit sign off of I-26 in my life. I would love to type more but, honestly, I'm too drained both physically from driving and mentally from having to tow that truck across those mountains for 225 miles. I'll try to post more soon. Goodnight all.

3dAngus

[thumbzup]Fantastic! I wake up in the middle of the night to check and all is well. What a fantastic journey. You made us feel, while we were in the safety and comfort of our own homes, we were part of the trip. Hardly so, as we did not suffer the consequences, the anguish, the incidentsls and discomfort, but we enjoyed the story, well told, and the rescue, as well as all the many sucesses of people working together to solve a long term problem. A plan, a backup plan, and a backup plan to the backup is a good plan indeed and you all proved that.
Congratulations on overcoming all the obstacles, and making a trip that should have been a failure by all right, a total but tiring success.

bchauvette

Now hear this. All hands @ 10 & 2. Stop texting and keep driving safe. Tell Butch to start tapping his magical red shoes and saying "there's no place like home"
Carrie Anne, lots of mtns so be patient.
Above all be safe. The sheer will and determination of you 4 could carry this thru with the Good Lord's blessing. Keep us updated.
French heals,, bear on youre ankles. But anything for fashion :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks