• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery planned, Dayton, Ohio to Spartanburg,SC this coming Friday

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We made an attempt to take an impact gun/Socket and remove the pulley. According to the TM's you are supposed to clamp the pulley in a vise to hold it while the nut is unscrewed. Unfortunately with it spinning on the shift, that can't work. There doesn't appear to be a good way to hold the shaft.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can a fellow A2 owner tell me how to get full line pressure from the emergency glad hand? Does CTIS operations take priorities over emergency air? Reason I ask is that I had cycled the CTIS from Hwy to Sand and back and it may not have been fully inflated yet. The gauges were both showing 120 psi and the truck was off.

R Racing

We made an attempt to take an impact gun/Socket and remove the pulley. According to the TM's you are supposed to clamp the pulley in a vise to hold it while the nut is unscrewed. Unfortunately with it spinning on the shift, that can't work. There doesn't appear to be a good way to hold the shaft.
Is there anyway to jam the alterator shaft and pulley with a screw driver between the housing? Or thru a cooling hole to the fan in the alterator?

Rmtaunton

I agree don't know what's left of pulley but maybe wrapping old belt around it a few times and vice grips , good lucks fuys

andy3

If you could drill thru it and use a screwdriver thru to keep from spinning.

Never mind, I see the fallacy in my post. What it be easier to use a whole alternator for now

Last edited:

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Butch just called. He's about 12 miles out. The truck is loaded, running and ready to go. As soon as he gets here, we're North bound. Prayers for safe travels. ~The Wife

andy3

In the absence of our chaplain at this early hour.

Lord, please watch over our friends keep them safe, give them traveling mercies, wrap your arms of protection around them. Guide them safe and true back home & let it all be to your glory.
AMEN

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems like Christmas season recoveries are my 5-ton's tradition, I towed Rebel's home last year.

I guess the day after Christmas isn't the best time to be working next to a busy interstate. Crazy people out looking for deals.....

No pics then it didn't happen. Except for the weak throttle return spring on my 813 she did a good job.

Proof

(No chains for emergency "get it off" the interstate pull about a mile.)

20141226_171722.jpg
20141226_171907.jpg

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update:

Andy has headed south to meet up with his wife and Butch.
He plans to get alternator and return . We will install and head south
Carrie and Butch will keep coming but hopefully they won't have to come all the way up.
At any rate Carrie and Butch will be our back up plan. With any luck we won't have to tow this truck back.

It's a shame this truck looks and drives like showroom new truck.

The only problem I have found so far is the driver front tire leaks down but the ctis brings it back up and keeps tire right with truck running

I am pulling guard duty until they return.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We've met up with my Andy, he has the goods and he is headed back. This has been a nerve wracking drive-continued prayers are very greatfully appreciated. ~Carrie-Ann

PS. Butch is about to become my hood ornament. He keeps looking at me with stink eye, and I can't figure out which eye it is!

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update. Replacement alternator is on and charging. We plan to head South after warmup and checks to meet up with my bride and Butch. Fingers crossed and prayers asked...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks