• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red flashing light nstead of the buzzer?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate the buzzer, but to be honest, it's obnoxious and it's good that it is - you can hear it over the deuce engine noise and it will let you know in a hurry if there's a problem even if you're not looking at it.

LEAVE IT FUNCTIONAL.

meindl

thanks all

Will think about this for awhile. Running it as is for now. Interesting to hear peoples point of view. We can all learn alot if we just listen once in awhile.
Thanks

Bill W

A friend of mine got pulled over by DOT while driving a fuel truck and the officer had him pump the brakes till the air pressure got low enough the set off the buzzer ( key on engine off ), He said if that buzzer hadn't of come on than he would have gotten a ticket. I got pulled over in my F-800 ( 26k,gvw ) and had to turn off the truck and turn the key on so he could hear the buzzer ( hydraulic over hydraulic brakes ). I've also been told that on ( larger )"Commercial" vehicles you need to have a light also.

meindl

Good point

Gues just leaving it the way it came clears up any legal comfilcts. Not that Mdot would know these vehicles much. Anyone have issues with Mdot and there m35a2?

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A light can be overlooked(how many vehicles have you seen going down the road with the blinker on) The buzzer GETS YOUR ATTENTION that you have a serious problem with the vehicle.
My work vehicle has both- light and buzzer on the air, just light on everything else. I have had the engine go into limphome mode due to loss of coolant- If I had seen the stupid light, I would have stopped sooner, and I am a professional driver(at least I get paid to hold the steering wheel)
The buzzer and light comes on at 65 PSI on work truck. The trl valve comes out at 45-50 psi, and parking valve at 30-35. So if the buzzer comes on, I start looking for a landing zone very quickly. :mrgreen:

rickf

I took over a truck from another driver that had gotten sick, the truck was already running so all I did was the walkaround and gauge check. Picked up a trailer and after about 50 miles the trailer popped a line. The buzzer did not work! surprise!!!!!!Center lane of I-295 and the brakes slam on. THAT will get your attention in a big hurry. From that point forward I check buzzers. It is only obnoxious when there is something wrong.

Rick

Tlauden

Just a thought here...

Once the truck is running and you see the oil pressure come up. Turn off the master power. By that time the fuel should be able to flow because it's getting sucked up by the engine. Then wait 25-30 seconds, turn the master back on and TA-DA no more air buzzer. It's a safety feature that really shouldn't be disabled. It's for your safety. On a bright sunny day most likely you won't see the light and you will find out you don't have air when it's too late

Kohburn

I stumbled on a nice replacement option and figured that I would update this thread with it.

available all over ebay - search "24v flashing buzzer"

it does both and probably not quite as anoying as the stock buzzer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks