• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remote Oil Filters...Done.

houdel

devilman96 said:
I.. the holes are .360ID so .360 X 4 = 1.44"
Math is right, concept is wrong. .360" ID = .1018 sq in x 4 = .4072 sq in total area for oil flow.

The stock Deuce oil cannister bolts have four 3/16" ID holes in each. A 3/16" ID hole = .02758 sq in x 8 (two bolts) = .2206 sq in total area for oil flow, so your bolt has nearly twice the area of the stock setup, as long as the oil filter base passages are large enough to flow full capacity to only one cannister.

You will probably need to upgrade to 3/4" fittings and lines. a 3/4" ID = .4418 sq in, a nice match for your supply side bolt. 1/2" ID fittings would only provide .1963 sq in for oil flow, less area than the stock filter bolts.

Maybe at the next oil filter change I'll drill my bolt holes out to 1/4" or 5/16", might increase my oil flow rate (and oil pressure) a tad, unless I decide to go to some other filtration setup instead.

bottleworks

I don't know why I had 7/8" written down in my notes. I even circled it! Anyway, yes it's 1"-14.

I remembered that I never added the final filter pictures (no longer bypassing the cooler). I figure it would be good to have them in the archives...

For the center bolt seal, I used a crush ring. Avail at any Honda/Acura dealer. Would also be good for those who are keeping the stock filter setup.

here they are:

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When all is said and done, my installation of D-man's filter kit will also look "heavy duty" after I decided to go for hydraulic hoses with crimped on fittings. Pictures to follow.
Spent the last couple of days hunting fittings, off and on....
A note to Mike: The canister hold-down bolts are not tapped with true pipe thread, they are straight threads and the fit is rather loose without a lot of teflon tape.