• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remote reservoir part search.

dabtl

I did not bother with a swivel. Just got some brass parts from the local hardware and hooked it up. I put the reservoir on the firewall, however. Easy service and more room.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I emailed the Roscommonequipmentcenter site to see if they could give me more info but they have not responded. The swivel is important for me to adjust the input alignment once I tighten the M/C cap.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Jollyroger. The ones I found are steel and not brass. I wonder if that makes a difference with brake fluid. I would assume not since the M/C is steel. I will give them a call tomorrow.

Jake0147

There's plenty of leeway in a pipe thread, and even more in a rubber hose. I don't think it's really "necessary"... Although if you truely want it for appearance or a variation that I'm not envisioning, then McMaster's got them.

When I did mine I did pretty much the same, but I did not do it off of that sheet. I don't care for brake fluid in the cab (No mechanical reason, just preference), so I hung it on the firewall. I removed the vent, replaced the tube from the vent, followed it to the "T" and replaced said "T" with a union, and used the existing fitting to run a metal line to the new jug. Straight up and easy, and compatible with any witches brew of fluids I choose to put in there.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may try that option Jake but I have two questions. First, I want to put a heater in and does the M/C placement interfere with that. Second, my deuce did not have a vent line connected. Can you tell me the path the vent line takes to the "Tee". I still may need to replace that if it is in place.

Thanks,

dabtl

The vent line from the top of the MC goes to a T connection on the frame. I removed the vent line and took the fitting to the Ace Hardware to purchase a square plug with a similar taper. Cost about a dollar, as I recall.

As for putting in a heater, my second deuce has a heater from a M151 installed inside. Small enough to be out of the way and not in the way in the engine compartment. A very simple heater solution courtesy of the Oklahoma National Guard.

Bill W

I mounted my reservoir on the firewall also. I also have a heater unit under the hood and was able to mount it where it would not interfere with the ducting ( which has yet to be reinstalled)

Attachments