• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remote reservoir part search.

dabtl

I did not bother with a swivel. Just got some brass parts from the local hardware and hooked it up. I put the reservoir on the firewall, however. Easy service and more room.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I emailed the Roscommonequipmentcenter site to see if they could give me more info but they have not responded. The swivel is important for me to adjust the input alignment once I tighten the M/C cap.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Jollyroger. The ones I found are steel and not brass. I wonder if that makes a difference with brake fluid. I would assume not since the M/C is steel. I will give them a call tomorrow.

Jake0147

There's plenty of leeway in a pipe thread, and even more in a rubber hose. I don't think it's really "necessary"... Although if you truely want it for appearance or a variation that I'm not envisioning, then McMaster's got them.

When I did mine I did pretty much the same, but I did not do it off of that sheet. I don't care for brake fluid in the cab (No mechanical reason, just preference), so I hung it on the firewall. I removed the vent, replaced the tube from the vent, followed it to the "T" and replaced said "T" with a union, and used the existing fitting to run a metal line to the new jug. Straight up and easy, and compatible with any witches brew of fluids I choose to put in there.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may try that option Jake but I have two questions. First, I want to put a heater in and does the M/C placement interfere with that. Second, my deuce did not have a vent line connected. Can you tell me the path the vent line takes to the "Tee". I still may need to replace that if it is in place.

Thanks,

dabtl

The vent line from the top of the MC goes to a T connection on the frame. I removed the vent line and took the fitting to the Ace Hardware to purchase a square plug with a similar taper. Cost about a dollar, as I recall.

As for putting in a heater, my second deuce has a heater from a M151 installed inside. Small enough to be out of the way and not in the way in the engine compartment. A very simple heater solution courtesy of the Oklahoma National Guard.

Bill W

I mounted my reservoir on the firewall also. I also have a heater unit under the hood and was able to mount it where it would not interfere with the ducting ( which has yet to be reinstalled)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks