• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removed

zout

Very nice - shoot and post some pictures of it when you get to playing with it please

I am waiting for someone to post they bought a tank and live in an HOA :naner:.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lee,

Larry told us there were a number of goodies inside - tools, parts, etc, and the seats were so new they still had the plastic on them. Waiting for the pictures now that the sunshine is here!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful track congrats and as far as being the youngest woman in MN with a track, I think you are the ONLY Woman in MN with a track, keep the pics coming and congrats once again!
KK

Timberwolf22

Other than the steel tracks on the OT-90 is there any other reason she is not "street legal"? I have heard that the OT-90 crosses into the over sized category due to her width?

Listed OT-90 Width 2.94 m (9 ft 8 in) and in the federal road manual for size / weight regulations
http://ops.fhwa.dot.gov/freight/publications/size_regs_final_rpt/index.htm#width
Looks like the OT-94 is obviously wider than a car but did not know if you can get any special exemption since it's well...... not really a car.

Just curious if the OT-90 was outfitted with the rubber tracks perhaps off a BMP-1 or the tracks retrofitted with the rubber pads if it would be street legal? Or if you have to haul it any time it needs to travel on the road?

Thanks in advance

B3.3T

Federal Law only permits a vehicle to be 8ft. 6in wide. The only exceptions are farm and construction equipment like cranes. That would prevent an OT-90 for sure. Then the state laws would likely prevent it due to steel tracks. I am not aware of any rubber padded track ever made for the OT-90 or any BMP-family. It's too bad. I would have a BTR-70 if not for the width.