• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing, rebuilding, reinstalling Hydraulic Head

texas30cal

Yes sir I got them from a local bearing house, ordered the retainer and bow tie washer from ambac yesterday, I stoned the 2-3 tiny nicks off the plunger and out of the bore, I guess we are just waiting now. I'll have to o ring the running truck too as its making oil:((.

texas30cal

Well we put it back together and it's running great! I have one issue, if I tighten the screws down on the bridge that holds the shutoff rod in it jams the rod tight, I think it might be the o ring I used, all they had in that size was the quad ring that's supposed to be equivalent to the one listed here.

nk14zp

Also, when taking things apart, make sure you see which way it goes. Neither Kenny or I noticed which way the fuel shut-off block goes in the head. One side of that block has a dimple in it. We don't know if it is supposed to face up or down. :roll:
Didn't read the whole thread but on mine the dimple was facing down.
P.S. Thanks again gimp for the parts.

mmeridith

Thanks to all that have posted as I am in the process of removing & cleaning my stuck HH. These posts & pics are invaluable, was a little intimidated at first rebuilding the HH but looking forward to seeing if can get my baby running again by my own determination.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kennys@wi.rr.com

If you need any help just let me know. I've been on the phone with several people the last week reviewing the process with them. I'm also going to release a tutorial video series in the coming weeks.

mmeridith

Kenny, thanks... but I got the ole girl up & running yesterday. Removing & reinstalling HH for the 3rd time was the charm.

Radiogeek99

Just Another Guy
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you very much for the write up and the info on this subject. My HH was leaking from a crack. I followed the steps in this post and was able to put a new one in. Although I had to do it twice because the clip and button came off when I installed it the first time! Second time was the charm, it's nice to have the truck run without fuel leaking al over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmeridith

Here is what I found in the "bad" HH that I removed... the shaft is scored. Pulled the HH off my "spare" IP, installed on the deuce and she fired right up. There was an old post from a few years back about the cloned Chinese heads. Is anyone still importing these? Would like to have a spare or two on hand for next time.

Last edited:

rustystud

Here is what I found in the "bad" HH that I removed... the shaft is scored. Pulled the HH off my "spare" IP, installed on the deuce and she fired right up. There was an old post from a few years back about the cloned Chinese heads. Is anyone still importing these? Would like to have a spare or two on hand for next time.

WOW ! Scored does not even touch what is wrong with that shaft ! It looks like some garbage got past the filters and really chewed up that shaft ! It was amazing you where able to run it at all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks