• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing the dash

darylwiz

I need to remove the dash, I have removed the gauge cluster, 2 bolts to the left that pass they the firewall, and numerous screws.

The bottom of the dash is lose I can bend it out and forward.

The top is stuck by the window, can someone tell me how to free the top portion.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe there is one bolt through the firewall on the right side, not sure though and one bolt vertical on the right side bottom of the dash.
Other than that if you can swing it up it just "slips" out of the top after swinging it up, should not take too much effort.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, 4 bolts, two #27, one #21 (the right one I said goes through the firewall and one #28, the vertical one, it is in the middle not the right side as I remembered.

INFChief

I need to remove the dash, I have removed the gauge cluster, 2 bolts to the left that pass they the firewall, and numerous screws.

The bottom of the dash is lose I can bend it out and forward.

The top is stuck by the window, can someone tell me how to free the top portion.
Just curious why you have to remove that.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks to me like #28 holds a clamp, #22. I would say #27 and #21 hold it in.
28 also goes through part of the steering column mount, they do not show the others going through the firewall ether..
The same bolt also holds a cable clamp, that is a parts diagram not a service procedure.

Action

28 also goes through part of the steering column mount, they do not show the others going through the firewall ether..
The same bolt also holds a cable clamp, that is a parts diagram not a service procedure.
I know. I only posted to show where the bolts are.
I would assume the steering wheel needs dropped and the dash swung out of the top groove, just like the duct over the doghouse.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks