• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement Turn Signal Lever - Is there a CorCivy Replacement or Mil Made Speciality

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey All,

I have an 1986 M1008, and I just replaced the dimmer (high beam) switch. While I was at it I wanted to replace the Turn Signal / Multi-fuction / Combination (or whatever other name it is listed under) Lever, as the plastic is cracked.

However, I have searched all of the major autopart stores (napa, autozone, oreilys, advance) plus summit and other online companies. But I can not find the correct lever.
I of course also searched here on SS to see if I could find a part number or other info, and I expect that it is on here and I proabably just missed it somewhere or didn't type the 'right' word into the search.

Not sure if most CUCVs are this way, but my truck does not have cruise control, AND it does not have delay wipers. Only off, low, and high.

The closest Lever I can find is almost correct, Except it has the markings for delay wipers - Dorman Part # 49277. This is true for all of the part stores, they either have this one, or they have one with cruise, or they do not have one at all.
I have searched Civy K30 from years 1983 through 1986 trying to find a correct part number.

Does anyone by chance know if there is even the correct Lever still being made?
Or was a K30 with 'No Cruise/No Delay Wiper' a military only specialty?

~Thanks

--------------

Edit: Hummmm.... accidentally posted before I was ready, no way to edit title? Or delete post and start over??

Last edited:

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have bought both of them from Classic Parts. They are OEM GM parts, not a crappy reproduction.
Thanks for the Part Numbers and Links antennaclimber. That is Exactly what I am looking for....
but a 'crappy reproduction' for $10 would have been good enough for me :smile:

But... I would rather have one marked correctly, so I might have to break down and pay up, if I can't cross the part number to a cheap one.
In either case, Thanks A Lot of for the Info!

Keith_J

Part number per TM is 22510143 Rockauto has 19244660 , genuine ACDelco part without interval wipers or cruise control, it is a more tactical black. Under $30.

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Part number per TM is 22510143 Rockauto has 19244660 , genuine ACDelco part without interval wipers or cruise control, it is a more tactical black. Under $30.
Thanks A lot Keith! I was looking on the other online stores, but didn't know about Rock Auto, hadn't come across them yet.
That is at least a little better price. All of the other stores that I found were either the same or much higher than Classic Parts.
And I like the black better than the chrome anyway for a 'Green Machine' [thumbzup]
Plus you don't have to worry about the chrome cracking and peeling off...

It looks like Rock Auto is going to have the best price, so I'll order it from there.

Thanks Everyone for the Help!
~Peace

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM's rule! All part numbers at your fingertips then duck duck go.
I suck with the TM's! They make me want to do this -> aua

But I did try to find this in the TM's before I started this thread, but didn't get anywhere. I guess I need to just buy a paper back set or print them out or something, for my M1008 and my Deuce both. Don't need them often, but when you do, its usually a must.
Surely I would be better with the printed TM's verses the PDF ones...

Keith_J

TM's rule! All part numbers at your fingertips then duck duck go.
Actually, the part number in the TM is for the chrome version. Remember, this was a Commercial off the shelf item for all practical intents, GM picked the cheapest parts they could get away with...over the years, chrome is more expensive hence that signal lever was discontinued mostly due to environmental concerns (Erin Brokavitch al la hexavalent chrome ring a bell?). So the black lever became the replacement as it goes with everything.

I needed one for the step son's 1009 (getting the broken metal stub out is a major pain, BTW) and since the one in my 1031 was looking haggard, I just took mine out, put in the Rock Auto sourced black one and gave the step son my old one [thumbzup]. Beggars can't be choosey.

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
getting the broken metal stub out is a major pain, BTW
Yes It is a Major Pain... Literally sometimes.
I actually intentionally peeled all the loose chrome off of mine just to 'reduce' the chance of getting stuck or cut by it again.
Just another reason to go with straight black... plus it looks better anyway :driver:

Got mine ordered BTW from Rock Auto, $35 shipping and all, should get it in a few days.

Now I just got to decide if I want to spend another $40 ($15 each plus $10 shipping) for the defrost grill vents from LMC.
I'm missing one and I'm tired of stuff falling in there, like my hex bit, and not being able to get it back...
And my other vent is falling apart and breaking too.

To bad Rock didn't carry them, could've order them at the same time and saved some $$ on shipping :shrugs:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks