• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing injector return line MEP-016B

Crawdaddy

The injector return line on my 016B is leaking like a sieve. I took a few minutes to try to figure out how to change it and it looks like it would be a simple job of using the remnants of the existing line as a pull-string if it weren't for a single tie-wrap buried below the sheet metal. It looks like if I pull the air intake hose off along with potentially the air cleaner, I should be able to access below the sheet metal to cut the tie-wrap and fish the new hose. Am I correct in this theory? Am I also correct in guessing it's 1/8" hose?

Also, what metal composition is the injector pump? While troubleshooting the issue, I pulled the banjo bolt off and put it back in and when I was tightening it back down, it felt like it suddenly got easier to turn like I had stripped something out. I didn't pull it back out to check yet, but is the injector pump aluminum or some other soft metal?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks