• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing injector return line MEP-016B

Crawdaddy

The injector return line on my 016B is leaking like a sieve. I took a few minutes to try to figure out how to change it and it looks like it would be a simple job of using the remnants of the existing line as a pull-string if it weren't for a single tie-wrap buried below the sheet metal. It looks like if I pull the air intake hose off along with potentially the air cleaner, I should be able to access below the sheet metal to cut the tie-wrap and fish the new hose. Am I correct in this theory? Am I also correct in guessing it's 1/8" hose?

Also, what metal composition is the injector pump? While troubleshooting the issue, I pulled the banjo bolt off and put it back in and when I was tightening it back down, it felt like it suddenly got easier to turn like I had stripped something out. I didn't pull it back out to check yet, but is the injector pump aluminum or some other soft metal?