• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing NP218

FreetheHumvee

Hey all, I just picked up a 1988 M998. The NP218 transfer case is cracked and needs to be replaced. I am looking to swap in an NP242 or similar (NP205? :-D). The truck has the 6.2 diesel with TH400 tranny. Looking to make this as simple as possible but open to an upgrade.

I have read that a NP242 was produced to bolt up to the 3speed TH400 as a replacement for the NP218 (using existing driveshafts). Can this be sourced? Thoughts? Thank you for your help!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
THe 242 uses new drive shafts....also, there are 2 models of 242 TC's....and that will dictate what drive shafts you will use.
also, the diff pinion yoke will need to be changed if you have the old style e-brake version.
you best easiest bet is to replace with another 218....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks