• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Repower project for deuce get underway

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
UPDATE - engine is mounted and about half hooked up, just some simple things to do now, fuel lines routed but need fittings, need to get gas pedal assy from donor truck it will just be the easiest and best way. need to flip radiator mounting side channels to the rear and fab a mounting brace. as luck would have it the trans rear flange ended up less than 1/16 of an inch from where it started!! hope it is drivable by end of week.

101_1411.jpg101_1412.jpg101_1413.jpg101_1414.jpg101_1415.jpg101_1418.jpg101_1419.jpg101_1420.jpg

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
almost done, just several small items and radiator mounting and exhaust both of which should be very easy.
got the throttle (pedal and cable) finished today.
wiring run to engine, just have to harness it up again.
had to re route air brake lines to give engine more room.
need to make A/C comp mount but there is room and belts line up so another easy job.
with 3 weeks to go should be at aberdeen.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really appreciate the time you take to get the pictures and add information to all the steps along the way. I've learned more in the minutes reading this thread than I could ever remember, so it's a good thing you wrote it down and gave us pictures.

The trani/motor stand fabricated out of an old frame is ideal for what I need to do. The G749 truck series had a few transmission stands kicking around south of us somewhere but I understand that they're hard to find. :)

Seeing one of your builds come together is a ton of inspiration and education for those of us still working up in the ranks, Thank you!

turnkey

That has to be the bewt looking and ungraded Ice Cream I have ever seen......How much Ice cream can you hall at one time or is that still understudy ...Nice looking build....Pretty sharp.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
Running and driving now, just put 25 miles on it with no issues. Due to engine height, hood was raised 4" and sometime soon the cab and fenders will follow.
Left to do, radiator pressure tank, tachometer cable, need 25 inches, mount A/C compressor.

101_1424.jpg101_1421.jpg101_1422.jpg101_1423.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks