• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

republic of korea army m35a2

F18hornetM

Weren't the Koreans licensed to build the M35A2?? Think I read that somewhere. I bought a windshield for my duece from Eriks and it has made in Korea sticker on it. Fit perfect though. The outside of the cab in those pictures look just like a M35.
great pics, thanks for posting them

Last edited:

BAZYRKYR

That vehicle isn't a moded M35A2. What you've got in those pics is actually a Kia KM250 built in Korea by Kia specifically for the Korean military based on the design of the M35. Many of the parts on that truck are based on the original M35 blueprints but unfortunately doesn't have the Multifuel engine that the A2s are famous for. Those are some great pics though. I've been curious about the KM250s interrior and engine bay!
:driver:
What ever this thing is the interior is certainly worth looking into acquiring. That thing is B A D A S S. Air Conditioning is an upgrade I certainly want in the cab of my truck and since they copied our design I thing I might have to try and copy theirs. The grill looks pretty tough too. Maybe it can be modified for an A2 front with headlight cutouts.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The Koreans are masters at knocking off products that they import.

The first time I was over there (1990-1991) they were importing Scania 4 axle dump trucks for heavy construction. I would see them all over the place hauling dirt and rock.

The next time I was over there (1994) the Scanias had been replaced by identical trucks made by Dawoo.

I think they modified trucks they got from us at first and then began copying them when we quit providing them for free.

They also stole intellectual property at a prodigious rate....you could go the big flea markets in Seoul and Osan and get pirated movies and software cheap.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the fact they have finally engineered a fail safe into the torque rods. I have seen the retention plate mod here in the forums, but it nice to see it actually adopted at the manufacturer's level.

Csm Davis

Bet it has power steering and self canceling blinkers and better wiper system. Why in the heck can't our leaders figure out if you have something that works don't ditch it for something unproven?

shenkmen

Bet it has power steering and self canceling blinkers and better wiper system. Why in the heck can't our leaders figure out if you have something that works don't ditch it for something unproven?
Simple is more dependable then complex. Our trucks were designed 50 (??) years ago. Supply chain should be factored in as well.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I like the fact they have finally engineered a fail safe into the torque rods. I have seen the retention plate mod here in the forums, but it nice to see it actually adopted at the manufacturer's level.
The Canadian M44 based MLVWs are the same way. Only we're not smart enough to do this. :roll:

And yet we foot the bill for 20,000 troops to keep them safe from the nutcase up north.:roll::roll:
No kidding! I was in China for business in May and we had a connecting flight in Seoul. The way we flew in brought us over Russia and then way around North Korea to then point back toward California to land in Seoul. Basically around our A@# to get to our elbow because we couldn't go over North Korea's air space. The tyranny and isolation there are so strong that even Google maps doesn't work there.

Attachments

flighht2k5

Banned
The Canadian M44 based MLVWs are the same way. Only we're not smart enough to do this. :roll:
Well the mentality of a lot of people on here is "if it ain't broke don't fix it. "

Also most think only older vehicles are reliable and new vehicles aren't. Gosh dang new fangle contraption.

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the gear shifter handle and the bumper steps, they can keep the rest. Requires a multi-fuel engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks