• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rescue Recovery Of An Old Steel Soldier

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Curious as to why the PO didn't part it himself
Probably the insurance paid off and ended up with it. I remember the story but not the out come.

Good to have spare parts Ray. Since you have the big tires, how about a bobber?

RAYZER

Probably the insurance paid off and ended up with it. I remember the story but not the out come.

Good to have spare parts Ray. Since you have the big tires, how about a bobber?
I thought about about a bobber!! But i have enough projects!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has lots of goodies that will help other trucks live on. Parting it would be just as good. You can work around the salvage title but why hassle with it.

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Ray here is the other set of pics. This was a great recovery but I almost paid with the tip off my finger, lol.

Attachments

Seth_O

Nice recovery - glad you kept the fingertip. Looks like some good pats on the truck for sure. Let me know when you get ready to sell off bits; dibs on the heater, front bumper step and air intake with extended elbow;-)

RAYZER

I found this article in the Feb 2010 - issue 137 of the"Military Vehicles Magazine" of this same truck
In the last paragraph of this article it states: "full Rockwell air lockers in the front axle".

Sorry for the upside down pic.

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup. I say that cause when I met him at the Ga rally, he didn't have much mechanical knowledge about the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks