• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Restoration Thread for M32 w/sidecar WW2 AAF Flight Line untility vehicle

Artisan

TORISCO~!

I do not know how I missed this but here I am.

Guys I have seen this man's handy work first hand and it is impeccable.

I can honestly tell you some of the best times I have ever had in the desert
outside FT Irwin was w/ this man and his brother talkin' shop in the back
of his Deuce next to the incredible Red Cross Ambulance truck he rebuilt
to absolute PERFECTION!

Keep On Keepin' On Torisco!

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TORISCO~!

I do not know how I missed this but here I am.

Guys I have seen this man's handy work first hand and it is impeccable.

I can honestly tell you some of the best times I have ever had in the desert
outside FT Irwin was w/ this man and his brother talkin' shop in the back
of his Deuce next to the incredible Red Cross Ambulance truck he rebuilt
to absolute PERFECTION!

Keep On Keepin' On Torisco!

Hey there Artisan, looking forward to meeting up with you guys soon at the Barstow get together. Missed last year due to a lot of work needing to be done on the home front. As soon as the dust clears with this build I will be looking to hook up with all of you again.

Stay well,
Gordon

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nearing the end of this build....

Well...I had a &#$@* of a time making adjustments for the tab holes to line up with the frame holes. (elongating two holes, bending the tabs Bed lined the inside of the sidecar box and bolted the sidecar to the frame. Also, added some weatherstripping for the lid and did a lot of touch up for all the scratches and paint scrapes I caused trying to attach the frame.

Tomorrow I will put the body back on and see how it handles with the sidecar attached. I hope I do not have to make any more "adjustments" to the sidecar. The test ride will tell all...

Have to let the dust settle for a couple of days before putting the markings on the sidecar and mounting a custom license plate I purchased.

A last time once over and the final pictures will be posted on or before April 18, 2014.

Attachments

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That thing is just plain neat !!! Lots of room for beverages and some treats . Hey what a great build , thanks for the ride , enjoy , Bob K

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Final Build Pictures

Sorry it took so long for the final pictures but I went to Camp Delta for a week and had to clean everything up when I got back.

I have the M1 Carbine for the scabbard but did not use it in the pictures.

The last thing I need to do is see if I can find a period leather scabbard like those used on the Harley's and Indian motorcycles. I will use the one on the bike for one of my hunting rifles.

Thanks to all for having viewed this thread.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks