• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Restore sagging front springs with Add A Leaf Springs

I went on sd truck springs website and for about 200 bucks including shipping got a set of excellent front end springs. I went with added weight capacity as I mounted a hefty bull bar with guard and an m12000 winch as well as my plow. I wasn't disappointed at all with the ride or the stance, much better than the tired old stock springs. Now it's time for the rear end, hard to be upset spending such a modest amount of cash and getting such a ride improvement and clearance gain.

Truckyea

I've successfully installed the new 2.5" lift springs with zero rates and Off road design 4.5"HD shackles
I took before pictures, I'll get some after pics tomorrow and post the results

Truckyea

Copy that

Before

After

Mods are 1" body and bed lift.
1" zero rates front and rear.
Front 2.5" lift spring with ORD 4.5" shackles up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truckyea

Thanks buddy.
Not hard at all, removing 30 years bolts was tough as expected.
I also replaced the 3 U-bolts, passenger side bolts, spring plates and installed a sway bar quick release/2" relocation kit.
It is definitely taller. I do not care for the the body lift, but it was necessary.

CUCVLOVER

Thanks buddy.
Not hard at all, removing 30 years bolts was tough as expected.
I also replaced the 3 U-bolts, passenger side bolts, spring plates and installed a sway bar quick release/2" relocation kit.
It is definitely taller. I do not care for the the body lift, but it was necessary.

Ok.
Thank you
I want to put some new springs up front on my truck and either a shackle flip in the rear or airbags. I like the air bags because I can haul even more weight.
My dad has them on his 2000 Chevy 3500

Truckyea

I wouldn't do the whole shackle flip thing if you plan to use your truck for work purposes/hauling and towing to much. More for off road.
With that being said the rear springs on these trucks are stiff. I count 11 in my packs.
I can't wait to replace my rear packs also, something with less leaves and the same height. New mono tube shocks, along with replacing all the bushing is definitely need on my truck. She rides rough and stiff as a board.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks