• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Restored AN/GRC-46

AN/GRC-46

It's been a while since I've seen anybody discussing the AN/GRC-46 RATT set but i know there were several restorations ongoing 6-8 years ago. I had a fully restored set at one time and had it completely described and pictured on geocities.com. When that site went belly up I lost all control of the page.

I have found that the entire page was archived on oocities.com and can be seen here in its entirety: http://www.oocities.org/dyouse2000/radio/GRC-46.htm

Unfortunately I'm unable to edit it and there are parts that I can't change, such as the parts mentioning the set and other parts being for sale. I don't have the set, the M-37, or any parts any more.

Enjoy.
RAD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wile E. Coyote

That's really cool. I have most of that system (both teletypes, T-195, R-392 and I think one of the dynamotors) but have never seen it all come together like that. I'm slowly doing the AN/GRC-142 setup which has the GRC-106 in place of the GRC-19 stuff there, and bought a Telebyte 65A off the E-place (after about five years of waiting) so I can feed the TTYs some traffic from my laptop for demos vs. trying to find a decent RTTY feed on-air for shows.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I also have most of the pieces of the AN/GRC-46, minus the shelter. I would sure love to have a complete, correct, shelterized GRC-46! I have an AN/GRC-122, in shelter, on the back of my HMMWV. I don't have it all up and running properly yet, but I really need to put more effort into completing that. I run an HF RTTY wide-shift net every Saturday evening, usually just consisting of a few of us California folks.