• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Restored AN/GRC-46

AN/GRC-46

It's been a while since I've seen anybody discussing the AN/GRC-46 RATT set but i know there were several restorations ongoing 6-8 years ago. I had a fully restored set at one time and had it completely described and pictured on geocities.com. When that site went belly up I lost all control of the page.

I have found that the entire page was archived on oocities.com and can be seen here in its entirety: http://www.oocities.org/dyouse2000/radio/GRC-46.htm

Unfortunately I'm unable to edit it and there are parts that I can't change, such as the parts mentioning the set and other parts being for sale. I don't have the set, the M-37, or any parts any more.

Enjoy.
RAD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wile E. Coyote

That's really cool. I have most of that system (both teletypes, T-195, R-392 and I think one of the dynamotors) but have never seen it all come together like that. I'm slowly doing the AN/GRC-142 setup which has the GRC-106 in place of the GRC-19 stuff there, and bought a Telebyte 65A off the E-place (after about five years of waiting) so I can feed the TTYs some traffic from my laptop for demos vs. trying to find a decent RTTY feed on-air for shows.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I also have most of the pieces of the AN/GRC-46, minus the shelter. I would sure love to have a complete, correct, shelterized GRC-46! I have an AN/GRC-122, in shelter, on the back of my HMMWV. I don't have it all up and running properly yet, but I really need to put more effort into completing that. I run an HF RTTY wide-shift net every Saturday evening, usually just consisting of a few of us California folks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks