• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

REV truck?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought an 1165 an 258xxx, what’s so special about the Sheppard gear other than it’s super expensive to replace? Is there something I should know going into this project?
I never seen any pics of it. I bought a M1165 but it was the EVC? I liked it because I got the turbo without the expensive fan drive. Funny because we were a few months apart on our M1123 and we both realized soon that we needed more. I love a/c and a hardtop. Best Humvee Ever!9A2F1F9C-DB0E-4AA7-96FB-375F3F972A63.jpeg

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought an 1165 an 258xxx, what’s so special about the Sheppard gear other than it’s super expensive to replace? Is there something I should know going into this project?
special? well….it’s a superior gear for off road, a pavement pounder won’t ever realize any difference.
the beefier gear, pitman, idler and center link are all specific to the shepperd gear, it was upgraded due to the heavy armor
on the later model trucks.

Gamble

I went nuts that day and bought two. Trying to decide which model is my forever truck.
View attachment 885894View attachment 885895
Every time I look at a slant back I still get butterflies. Lol. And I have one. Its simply the most powerful rugged looking truck ever made in my opinion.
Is your truck a REV ?

Missing Engine Parts.jpg

Was the engine missing parts like in the picture above? Im not sure what they are pulling off of these trucks but all of them seem to have the same parts removed.

Last edited:

Autonomy_Lost

I alreadys wanted a slantback, until I got one and then realized that they leak worse than a soft top! Which I didn't think was possible! Still badass though :cool:

Gamble

I alreadys wanted a slantback, until I got one and then realized that they leak worse than a soft top! Which I didn't think was possible! Still badass though :cool:
I must have gotten lucky with mine. I dont have a leaking issue but then again, Im in LA and we Dont get hard rain.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every time I look at a slant back I still get butterflies. Lol. And I have one. Its simply the most powerful rugged looking truck ever made in my opinion.
Is your truck a REV ?

View attachment 885913

Was the engine missing parts like in the picture above? Im not sure what they are pulling off of these trucks but all of them seem to have the same parts removed.
Most likely that engine has ingested some water at least.

thoner7

I never seen any pics of it. I bought a M1165 but it was the EVC? I liked it because I got the turbo without the expensive fan drive. Funny because we were a few months apart on our M1123 and we both realized soon that we needed more. I love a/c and a hardtop. Best Humvee Ever!View attachment 885887
What hard top is that? Different than the ones I’ve seen on the 1165

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What hard top is that? Different than the ones I’ve seen on the 1165
I don’t know but I believe it was the last one before they changed to the flying nun version. I wanted it because it looks like the closest top to the civilian version. I haven’t seen but maybe 10 or 20 at auction over the last few years.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Serial Number 246890 and Above) have Sheppard gear
Excellent. I just missed out on getting the newly unobtainable Shepard setup. I’m in the 220k region with my rig. Maybe not the strongest steering gear, but will be more easily serviced or replaced I guess.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks