• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rigid fuel line from pump to Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

AECS

I had to replace the lift pump yesterday, and it was so corroded from years of service that the nut was seized, took 2 hours of break free, vice grips, and a hammer to get it off. I boogered up the nit pretty good, and while I was able to get it back on with no leaks, I would like to replace it sooner rather than later.

The problem is I can not find a source for one. I have done at least 10 searches of this site, and a couple at the CK5 site too, but cant find anything.

I found the PN in the -P, but Napa, Auto Zone, and Orielys don't have it. LMC has nothing either. Does anyone here know a source for it, or do I need to have it custom bent? I have access to a tubing shop that will do it for me, but I have no idea what the specs are for the nut.

Thanks in advance.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the nsn#?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The nut should be a standard flare(inverted) nut.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's simply a 3/8" inverted flare nut, commonly used on brake lines.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
3/8 steel line is available and most parts houses. Just need to bend it up. The black stuff NAPA sells is a premium grade and bends nicer than the Walmart stuff from Advance Auto.

rsh4364

Going electric would have been much easier and less aggravating,and easy to run all new rubber fuel line eliminating a chance of sucking air from nearly 30 year old hard lines.

cucvrus

Here it comes. My opinion again. If its not broke (leaking) why replace it. And do not convert it to electric. Why would you? I say if it ain't broke don't fix it. And keep it stock. I have changed several of these back to stock pumps from electric. That is my opinion and I have years of experience driving and owning these things.

Gripy

When ihad to replace my lift pump. The nut at the pump rounded off. So I found a fitting for the pump, cut the steel line and rand a few inches of rubber fuel line from the pump to the steel line.

rsh4364

Going electric would have been much easier and less aggravating,and easy to run all new rubber fuel line eliminating a chance of sucking air from nearly 30 year old hard lines.
I had no business butting into this thread and apologize for doing so,lets not turn it into a mech./elect. debate,my fault..

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Way to hijack the thread.

The question at hand was answered.

Start your own threads to state your opinions on other topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks